Kiss my ass

1 more to go ;)
———————————————

"As of today, I, Kalen Choi and my brother, Kenji Choi, will no longer hold the last name Choi.  We are legally forfeiting our ties from the Choi family and all shares that are in our name." Kalen pauses.  "You might be wondering why we have decided to do this and I will be speaking for my brother and I.  We are tired of living for other people, and ever since we were children we've never done things for ourselves.  It was always for our father.  Us taking over the company is actually something we don't want.  I physically hate wearing suits and going to work everyday.  I feel absolutely miserable working at my fathers company, and we refuse to dedicate our life to it.  I have my dream and so does my brother, and it's a dream that we will achieve without the name Choi."

"My brother and I don't like the fame that we've gotten, or the money or any of that.  We were born with a silver spoon in our mouth and all it's done was brought misery and suffering.  Having money doesn't give you happiness, it only leaves you with an empty feeling and it took one girl to show us that.  Also, being forced to live your life the way you don't want is miserable. It makes you not want to live anymore and not have a reason to live. We finally decided we wanted to live for ourselves." Kalen smiles and my heart skips a beat."I will not be going into detail about this girl, or our relationship, or anything of the sort.  But I will say this, my brother and I are in love with her and that's all I'll say on the topic. Thank you for your time, and enjoy the rest of the event." There was a loud scream and the camera cuts to one of their fiancé's.

"HOW COULD YOU KALEN?!" She screeches and sobs.  "We're suppose to get married!  You can't do this!  Daddy tell him!" She yells and her father clears his throat.

"If you've forgotten we have a contract-"

"The contract of our arranged marriage is actually invalid.  It became invalid the day we moved to the States and became U.S citizens." Mr. Choi rushes up to Kalen and slaps him so hard, I flinched from the sound.

"You bastard whore son.  How dare you embarrassed in front of these people!  Do you have any idea what you're doing?!" He yells and Kalen massages his jaw before looking at him.

"I know exactly what I'm doing.  I don't want to sit in an office and go to meetings and travel the world for boring bullshit!  I want to write and be an author father, yet you told me it was a pipe dream.  That I was a terrible writer and that I'll never be such thing.  I wanted to go college, but you took that away from me too!"

Mr. Choi goes to Kenji and tries to touch him but he steps away.  "How dare you!  After everything I've done for you boys!  After all the sacrifices that I've made just for you bastards!  And this is what you do for me?  This is how you repay me?!  By sleeping with that stupid black girl and leaving all this for her?!" He yells and Kenji steps up to him.

"Yes, that is exactly what we're doing." He tilts his head and Mr. Choi turns red in anger.  Mr. Choi quickly grabs a hold of Kenji's shirt and shakes him vigorously, but Kalen pushes him away.  "Enough of your temper tantrum's." The twins then start walking off the stage, but Mr. Choi calls their name loudly.

"Don't you dare walk away from me." He glares and Kenji chuckles.

"Kiss my ass." He smirks and heads out with Kalen and they disappear from view.

The channel cuts to a panicked Sam as he tries to get a hold of the situation, while Mr. Choi runs after the twins along with a few other people. The tv then goes to commercial and we all sit in complete silence. 

"Did...that really just happen..?" Ryan asks quietly and I just sat there staring at the tv. 

Did the twins really just do that?  I couldn't even believe it even though I sat here and watched it.  The twins literally just gave up all ties to their family, and the fact that their arranged marriage isn't even valid?  What were they thinking?  Giving up their whole lives for what?  Giving up their family and all of their ties to them for what?  I know I encouraged them to follow their dreams, but not like this.  Not to literally separate themselves from their family, and to give up everything they've worked so hard for.