Freedom

You know those situations when your boyfriend or girlfriend has a sit down with your parents for the first time, and you sit there in an awkward silence for a good while, just staring at one another and feeling nervous as to what your parents are gonna say? I've only seen it in the movies, and that's exactly what's happening now, except it wasn't my parents.

Ryan had just sat down a plate of pancakes and sausage, along with some fruit and a few biscuits. I smile up at Ryan and he winks at me and sits down next to Alexander. The twins were clothed and looking at me, while I looked at Alexander who was staring at me as well.

I clear my throat before speaking. "Um guys this is my best friend Alexander and his boyfriend Ryan, Al and Ry this is Kalen and Kenji." I smile awkwardly and Alex nods.

"Nice to meet you, I've heard lots about you." Kalen smiles and Alex raises a brow.

"Good things I hope. Also nice to finally meet you guys. Seriously, it's kinda crazy seeing you in person rather on tv or in a magazine. By the way, is it true you had beef with Joe Jonas and-." Alex starts asking and I glare at him

"Al." I scold he looks at me and shrugs.

"What? I wanna know if its true! They said you sled into his wife's DMs and you guys had a few words." He explains and I shake my head.

"Actually no that isn't true. I don't even know Joe Jonas." Kenji explains and Alex crosses his arms.

"Really? Then why did they start that rumor? It was all over Twitter."

"Yeah we heard about it, and didn't pay much attention to it.  But I'm assuming someone started the rumor because we spoke with his wife at a party once." Kalen clears up and Alex tilts his head.

"Ok what about Paris Hilton, is she really a bitch, or is she like a total bitch? Also have you ever met the Kardashians-"

"Alexander." I grumble and he blinks.

"Look Simone, I'm tryna get the tea ok?  You may not like celebrity gossip, but I do." Kalen laughs a bit and I look at him apologetically.

"It's fine babe, I don't really mind." Kalen pats my thigh and I sigh softly.

Over breakfast Alexander kept asking many questions about celebrities, and just gossip all over LA. After hearing a few things I did get kinda invested with all the drama and little secrets the public never knew about, but again I wasn't interested in such things. I was more focused on the food and excited for the chocolate chip pancakes. But overall I was happy the twins were getting along with my best friends, they seemed to have good conversation. Kenji was conversing with Ryan about sports, while Kalen was informing Alex with the drama. I just sat and listened to both conversations not really interested in either, and enjoying everyone's company.

Just as I finished breakfast, my phone goes off and I get up walking to my room. I grab the device and frown at the caller ID across the screen. I contemplated if I should answer or not, but did it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Simone! Hi I didn't think you'd answer." Jasmine chuckles. "Is this a bad time?"

"Uhm...I have a bit of time. What's up?"

"Well I was wondering if you'd like to go out to lunch sometime this week? Only if you're comfortable." She offers and I bite my lip.

Should I go? I don't know if I should or if I'm ready to have a relationship with her. For years I've hated her and resented her for leaving, only to find out she didn't leave but my father took me. Those feelings don't just disappear even though she really didn't do anything. I also don't trust her, but I also can't keep pushing her away. I had to get to know her and spend time with her in order to stop these feelings, and obviously baby steps is important.