Roni

"You know what I don't understand?" Alexander asks as he paints my nails and I look at up at him from my phone.

"What?"

"Why people still fat shame people."

"People don't really have things to do, so they make fun of others to fill time." I shrug and he looks at me.

"If someone is over weight that's their issue it isn't anyone else's business, especially someone they don't know, wanting to say 'you're too fat' or 'isn't that enough McDonald?' Like it's hard enough they have to deal with whatever their dealing with, but to have people on Instagram or Twitter just be rude.  It's saddens me.." he sighs.

"Like these twins on Instagram did this really cool dance, and they killed it!  But the comment section did not pass the vibe check." He shook his head.  "Babe, there are so many different ways why people can be overweight or underweight.  Ignorant people just assume they aren't eating or eating too much.  Like shit ain't that simple."

"So why do people complain about it?  About being fat?" Ryan questions from the couch and Alexander raises a brow at him.  "You know like some girls and guys say 'I'm too fat' or 'I'm so ugly because I'm overweight', why do they complain?"  I look at Alexander.

"Because they're insecure about themselves, like any other person." He said like it was obvious.

"So for my actual curiosity what's the difference between overweight people who stay that way, and overweight people who don't?" Ryan sits up.

"You remember Kathy from my old job right?" Ryan nods.  "She was super overweight, almost 400 lb and it was unhealthy.  So she told me her story on how she had a rough childhood, growing up in an abusive home and that's where her bad eating habits came from after high school.  After years of being starved of food, she gained so much weight once she finally had the freedom to eat.  Some people have mental and emotional trauma, which moves them to comfort eat.  Those types of people lose the weight and are able to have healthy and happy lives, if they put their mind to it.  Then the people who have health issues, like a thyroid issue, diabetes, or a genetic disorder and much more.  Some people actually can't help their weight being so much, and it'll be difficult to lose the weight because of their health issues.  Not developed by their weight, but by birth or genetics."  I blew my nails as I nodded.

"It's true." I nodded.

"Underweight people is the same way.  They either have a mental or emotional issue that makes them want or need to be underweight.  Then physically they have a health problem that makes them underweight by force, not by choice." He explains and Ryan hums.  "But then you have people who genuinely are confident being plus size or skinny.  Because they love themself.  It's sad that a lot of people don't have the common sense of a toad." Alexander snorts and goes back to painting my nails.

I smile at him and laugh at his unicorn onesie, and the hood is over his head. It has horns and everything that screams Unicorn. "What's funny?"

"You look like a unicorn threw up on you." I giggle and he rolls his eyes.

"You're just mad you aren't a cute bitch like me." He snorts and Ryan shakes his head.

"Babe stop calling yourself a bitch.  You aren't a bitch." He complains and Alex turns in his seat and looks at him.

"Then what am I Pumpkin?" He challenges.

"You're my cute Unicorn." He smirks and I gag as I blow on my nails.  Alex gushes at him before standing up and giving him a kiss— which turned into a PG-13 scene that I refused to watch any longer.