She just got on her knee's

Kenji and Kalen(right to left) ~—————————

—————————

The funeral was held the day after my dad was killed.  He already had things set up in his will.  He wanted to be cremated, and buried right next to his parents.  The funeral was private and only consisted of myself, Alexander and my dads best friend Eugene.  They would rob together, but Eugene stopped robbing back in '16 while my dad continued.  "Moe, let me know if you need anything kid.  You have my number, don't hesitate to call me." Eugene tells me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Thanks Uncle Eugene.  I'll call you soon." I tell him and he kisses my head before walking off.  I stare down at my dads plot and sigh softly before walking off with Alexander.  For some strange reason, I didn't feel sad, or depressed.  I just felt numb.  Maybe because I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, and I prepared myself for this day.  I just didn't know it would be so soon.

"I can sleepover if you'd like?" Alex suggests and I shake my head.

"I'm fine Alex.  I just want to drink some wine and go to sleep.  I have work tomorrow." I tell him and he looks at me once we stop at a red light.

"Simone-"

"Alexander, really I am ok." I smile and pull out my phone and check my schedule.  I was fine, but deep down I knew I wasn't.  I would miss my dad and his goofy smile, and childish pranks he'd play on me.  I remember when I slept in pretty late, and he dumped ice all over me, making me chase him all over the house.  We use to have water balloon fights in the house, and while we made cookies, he purposely threw flower all over me. 

The two of us always had good times, rarely argued or had troubled times.  My dad was a great guy and I miss him.  Thinking about him put a smile on my face, it always did.

A loud knock at the door made me jump out of my thoughts.  I walked over and opened the door smiling at Alexander. He wore an oversized sweatshirt with some sweatpants and black UGGs.  "Morning sleepyhead." I greeted him and he yawns as he walks in.

"Hurry up so I can go back to bed." He groans as he plops on my couch.  I grab my bags and drink my mug of cinnamon bun flavored coffee, while leaning against the counter.

"Whatever drama queen.  I got coffee if you want some."

"No.  I want to sleep when I get back home." He mumbles and I shake my head as I take a few sips of my coffee.  Unlike him, I was a morning person.  Sometimes.  I like to sit on my patio and drink my coffee, while I drew something in my sketch pad.  It's always been a hobby of mine when it came to art.  It started out as scribbles and drawing stick people sketches.  Now I'm drawing still life and portraits of people and animals. 

I used to major in Art, but I changed to become a Vet Tech.  I like animals more than humans and I'd rather take care of them, then actual people.  But I have art as a hobby as well as video games and writing.  I love writing short stories on my MacBook, which I'm bringing along.  Maybe when I'm sitting on the beach and drinking a cocktail, I'll be inspired to write and edit.  I've been having writers block lately.