For better or for worse

Just started my online classes and...let's just say my anxiety is through the ROOF
————————————————

After the twins left, a lot of things had changed throughout the months. I had finished my fall semester with a 3.5 GPA, and now currently accepted to my Vet Tech program. I was gonna be busy from on then, I'll be in training to become a Veteran Technician and starting my career soon. Alexander and Ryan had finally moved into their first house on Christmas Eve. It was absolutely beautiful, 4 bedroom and 2.5 baths and a beautiful backyard. I asked why he'd need 4 bedrooms when it'll just be the two of them, and of course Alexander said one of the rooms would be his YouTube room.

Alexander has started a beauty YouTube channel about a year ago, and gained over 500k followers. I was absolutely proud of him for doing so since he talked about it for so freaking long. Since Ryan got his promotion, the couple was able to get a house together. I was really happy for them that their life is starting. Especially for Alex since all he dreamed of was to get a house with his dream man. 

For me, I finally got myself a nice apartment that I could live in for a long while.  I could finally afford an apartment that wasn't falling apart and didn't have thin ass walls, and annoying, nosy neighbors.  On my move out day, Mrs. Dixon had wished me luck on my journey and I was shocked that she did.  I assumed she wouldn't talk to me or ignore that I was leaving, but she was actually genially nice to me for some odd reason. 

Even my other neighbors that used to complain about me, or talk shit behind my back, they also wished me good luck.  But this one white lady told me to stay away from demons and devils. 

"Don't let them interfere with your life.  Jesus Christ is watching over you, and your path will get infected by demons, but don't let them win.  Don't let them Simone, child of God."

I thanked for her advice and kept it moving, even though I was weirded the fuck out.  I've always avoided that lady because all she talked about was Jesus and demons.  It's not that I don't believe in him, but I'm not as religious as she thinks I am.

My place was a 2 bedroom and 1 bath, with a nice kitchen and living room, including a little washer and dryer too.  I couldn't wait to bathe in my hot water, cook in my beautiful kitchen, sing loudly with my stereo, and use my washer machine without fearing someone would steal my clothes.  I finally had privacy and could feel comfortable and safe where I lived.

Work has been good, and surprisingly I've been spending time with Tiffany.  I was right about how I felt, I only admired her and looked up to her as a supporting figure in my life.  She was gorgeous I won't lie, but I knew my heart was somewhere else at the moment.  I learned a lot about her as we went wine tasting, out to dinner, hung out at her place to watch movies.  Tiffany was a great friend and I even met her partner, who was non-binary.  Their also pretty attractive.

And then the twins.

Well, let's just say we're still going with the flow of things.  These past couple of months have a been long and lonely, but Kalen did keep his promise by keeping in touch.  I didn't hear from them for the first two months, and of course I was freaking out, but then I remembered what Kalen told me before they left.  To trust them. 

So I did.

They finally called me and told me what was going on.  Their father had drilled into them what was going on.  Wondering who I was and of course they had to say what they needed to say.  They had to keep a low profile before contacting me again, and I fully understood.  But they also told me some news I didn't like.

"We're taking over the company the end of summer." Kalen informs and I watch him eat his Chinese food.  Kenji sat down after grabbing some soy sauce and poured it in his rice.