KenKen and Kyle

I can't wait till I turn 21 (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞
———————————————

"So you're telling me that you used to be a party girl?" Kalen asks in disbelief. I take a sip of my wine cooler and set it down once I finished it.

"Yeah since freshman year in high school." I admit. We sat outside on the patio by the fireplace that sat off to the side. It was way past 11pm and we ate the Chinese food that Kenji had ordered. It was nice and cozy even with the nice blanket wrapped around me.

"I don't believe that." Kenji tacked on.

"And why is that?"

"Because didn't you say you only have like one friend? How did you go to parties when you only have one friend?" He asked and eats some more of his rice.

"My best friend is friends with everyone. Whoever he hung out with, I hung out with as well.  And I do have friends, I only consider Alex my real friend though.  The other people I know, are just people I know." I reply and pick up my carton of noodles.

What I said was true.  I only considered Alex's my best friend since he's the only person I talk to like everyday, and that has been there for me through everything.  Everyone else are just people I know, we talk here and there, hang out at parties and smoke together.  Other than that we don't text or tell each other our secrets while we braid each other's hair.  It isn't that type of relationship.  Plus I liked it like that.  Less people I had to worry about, and no drama.

"Oh I see. What changed for you to stop parting?" Kalen hummed.

"I kept blacking out." I laughed and set down my carton down. Both of them were quiet and I looked up seeing Kalen staring into space. "I'm kidding. Im too much of a lightweight so I don't drink like that. But decided that running away from my problems won't make them go away. So I just go once in a full moon type thing." I explain.

I remember the times I used to sneak out at night just to go to parties. I wanted to get away from my dad. He was always stressing me out about many things, and not just about money, but about his 'job'. I used to live in fear when I was a teenager, always looking over my shoulder. My dad got involved with some real deal rich people, and stole from them a couple years back. Obviously they want their items back, but my dad had sold them to someone. I don't know the full details, but all I know is one day they started parking outside our house, following me to and from school and work.

But then my dad came home covered in bruises, cuts and a black eye, and gave me a huge smile telling me; "Everything will be alright baby girl. Daddy took care of everything, and now you don't have to be scared anymore." I didn't believe one bit of it, but what he said was semi true. The people stopped following me, and I didn't have to live in fear like I used to.

Till this day I don't know how he handled it, or how he fixed that very dangerous situation, but it stopped me from calling the police every now and then. But after all that happened, there would be days he wouldn't be home till late. Sometimes wouldn't be home for a couple days, then tell me he went on a fishing trip with Eugene.

I knew he was lying, but I also knew the reason why he was gone all the time, was probably from the 'situation' he handled. Whatever happened, happened.

"Simone?" Kalen waved a hand in my face and I snap out my thoughts. "You spaced out for a bit." He chuckled.

"Oh...yeah sorry." I mumbled and avoided their gazes. We were quiet for a while, till a felt a hand on my thigh. I looked at Kenji who's eye browns were furrowed, as if he was trying to figure me out.