Chapter 43

(Him)

The last days were crazy! Thank goddess it ended well. Asher and Mari are marked but not mated yet and Mari is coming back with us. Her parents were not really happy but she has marked him too so they don't really have the choice. I was wary too because I don't think it's a good idea to be marked before fixing your problems but I saw them together and they looked so happy. Seeing them made me realize they're going to be okay.

Before leaving the castle, Selina asked to meet us. She explained it was about Alpha Will and Liv told us that she didn't want to be involved in the meeting. It's too stressful for her. But I'm not going alone, dad is coming with me. As he knows it's a sensible subject, he prefers to accompany me. Moreover, since we find out who that bastard is, we are working together and he's supporting me.

When I enter Selina's office, I'm surprised to see the queen and the king with her and Noah. Thank goddess, my dad is with me! We're both bowing in respect in front of them.

"Please don't! We are not in an official meeting, you don't have to bow." Queen Anna-Lynn says.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, my Queen, my King!" Dad replies.

"Elijah, Ezra! You can call me Anton and her Lilly." King Anton greeds us. It's common knowledge that the Queen and the king never use titles when they don't have to.

"So if you've finished with the presentation maybe we could start." Selina says.

" Right... As you know we can't be officially involved for a lot of reasons, the first one being Olivia's death if we kill Willam Stewer." King Anton says.

"When Selina told us who it was. I did some research about that Alpha and something is not right here. All the people who have challenged him died before the challenge." Queen Anna-Lynn adds.

"What do you mean they all die?" Dad asks.

"The 5 men who challenged him were killed before the challenge's day." Queen Anna-Lynn replies.

"Not by him. He always has a good alibi with people who can prove it. Which means someone is doing the dirty work for him." King Anton comments.

"This is complicating everything!" Selina sighs.

"I know. Our worry is if you challenge him, you will be in great danger." Queen Anna-Lynn tells me.

"Do you have an idea of who is killing them for him?" Dad asks as I'm voiceless by all this information. My wolf too, it's rare that he is not commenting.

"We think it's Bill Forry or/and Phoebe Warren but we have no proof." King Anton replies.

"Olivia's parents... Why?" I finally find my voice back.

"We should kill them too!" My comments. Apparently, he found his too.

"This is the thing, they have nothing to win doing that. I think William is blackmailing them. And what he has against them is big enough for them to give up her daughter and to kill anyone who challenged him." Queen Anna-Lynn replies.

"How can you be so sure? My mother always says they both are power angry." Noah asks the queen.

"Phoebe and your mother never got along. Bill is too proud for his own good and Phoebe always had been jealous of your mother's power but not at the point to sacrifice her own daughter. There is something else, something we don't know. I can feel it!" Queen Anna-Lynn replies.

"Well, what do we do then?" I ask.

"You wait for him to challenge you." King Anton says and Selina's face enlightened at that idea.