Chapter 19

(Him)

Lina was not lying when she said it would be painful to share my vital energy with Lana. But seeing the color coming back on her face was worth it. It was difficult to leave her room but I want to know more about that bite mark. So I'm walking with Noah and Asher towards the packhouse, towards dad's office, precisely. I'm on their back as I'm feeling a bit drain. My wolf is resting in the back of my mind and I wish I could do the same. As we are entering the office, my parents are already here with Lina. Leo and Logan are here.

"How do you feel?" Mom asks when she sees me.

"I'm fine! Just a bit tired." I reply annoyed by her worries.

She comes close to me checking me: " You should go rest."

"This is about my mate. I cannot rest now." I say with determination.

"You're so stubborn! I don't know where it's coming from. Your father is not like that." She comments shaking her head.

My dad laughs but he quickly hides it by coughing when my mom narrows her eyes to him. Yeah, mom is the most stubborn person we know! She's just denying it all the time.

"Ahem, so Lina what can you tell me about Lana's bite mark?" Dad asks Lina.

"First it's not a Lycan bite. If a Lycan would have marked, he wouldn't have let her go and I would have known. And this is how a Lycan's bite looks like." She moves her hair and shows us Noah's mark on the base of her neck.

"Why would you have known?" I ask.

"Because I know every lycans." She replies like it was the most obvious thing.

"So what kind of creature can leave a bite like that?" Dad asks.

"Good question..." Noah mutters.

"Your kind... Do you know what an Alpha's mark is?" Lina says looking at my father.

A few of us shake our heads and nobody reply as we don't know but I can see mom deep in her thoughts as if she was looking for a distant memory.

Suddenly she gasps: "It can't be!"

"Well, it is!" Lina comments.

"But it's forbidden and so cruel!" Mom replies, shocked.

"How dis you hear about the Alpha bite?" Lina asks mom, curious.

"My father is a lawyer. He is specialized in pack crimes." She explains.

"Care to enlight us?" Dad asks a bit annoyed to be out of the discussion and he's not the only one.

Lina looks at me warily. I can feel her aura surrounding me to keep me in my place. Even if my wolf is still here, he is now very far in my mind. This has to be very bad.

When she feels she has me under her control, she speaks again: " A long time ago, when they were a lot of long wars between packs, some alphas used to mark their packs members to reinforce their links with the pack and to make sure of their loyalties. Until one of them discovered that marking werewolves at 5 when they meet their wolves for the first time, is turning them into a kind of slaves . You can easily recognize an Alpha's mark by it size, the scars grows at the same time the child grows. When you bear an Alpha's mark, your wolf will follow every order your Alpha will give you. That you agreed or not with him. You lose your free will. A lot of kids were kidnapped and turned into armies or slaves. The problem became so big that for the first time in our history a council of Alphas was created and they decided to forbid the Alpha's mark. Every Alpha who dares to practice it will be sentenced to death. At the same time, a law was passed forbide to speak about that practice to avoid for it to reappear. This is why most of you didn't know what is it."

I'm livid as my wolf. It's weird to feel his fury and not want to shift nor to have a forced shift. It's the first time.

"You mean an Alpha marked my mate when she was 5 to turn her into a slave!" I say greeting my teeth.

"Or on a weapon. She is more powerful than I was thinking." Dad says deep in thoughts.

"Or both. I know you will not like it but usually an Alpha's mark where a mate's mark should mean she was destined to be his breeder." Lina adds.

Everybody is growling! I can see Asher and Noah ready to shift.

"Calm down now!" Lina orders and everybody just follow her order. This is crazy how much power she holds.

"We need to find which Alpha is it and killed him." Leo says and I nod in agreement. I'm going to kill that son of bitch! I want his blood. Oh, I don't feel tired anymore as my fury is feeding me!

"It's not that simple, unfortunately. Killing the Alpha who did this will kill Lana's wolf and might kill her too. This is why I called my mother." Lina says.

"What did she say?" Noah asks her.

"If the royalties get involved we will have to kill the Alpha because of the laws. So we can't be officially involved in this. We need to brock the bond they shared before killing him." She tells him.

"She is the one blocking her wolf, isn't she?" Dad asks.

Lina replies: "I think too. He will able to feel her wolf as soon as she wakes her up."

And Noah adds:" Someone blocked her wolf before she arrived here, but you have to do it again at 16 just before your first shift. But she was alone so I think she did the ritual on her own."

"Are her parents still alive?" Asher asks.

"We have a clue that we are following. And if he we're right her family is still alive." Lina says after looking at Noah.

"If you turn her in a Lycan the problem is solved. That asshole will not have any hold on Lana's wolf."

"No! I'm her only mate. I don't want to have another mate!" My wolf says and I agree.

"It's too risky. She is powerful enough to block the venom. If we turn her against her will she could die." Noah says.

"Thank Goddess!" I comment for my wolf.

"We just have to convince her then." Asher replies.

I'm going to kill him if he keeps speaking about turning her into a Lycan!

Lina sighs: "The alpha's mark has a lot of consequences and effects on the one who is bearing it. One of them is to feel so powerless that you feel like nobody can help you. You feel like you have no choice and you will never be free. We are more powerful than him but in her mind, she doesn't see it. She can't see it."

This is so fucked up! I feel furious, sad, and sorrow. I need to see her so I got up and without a word, I left the office, going right in the pack's hospital.