Chapter 11

(Him)

I don't know what got into me but I was so... I don't know... On edge when I smelt her blood. Seeing the fear in her eyes drove my crazy and Elliot calling her his, was the last straw! I totally lost it! I know I should say what I told her because it's not true but I don't know... I just wanted to hurt her as she is hurting us.

"Sorry! I don't know what's wrong with me." My wolf sighs.

"Both. I don't what is it in her that is driving us crazy!" I can't blame him, with we're both in accord in... " Lana's situation".

"I wish I could understand." I can feel he is as frustrated as I am.

When I'm coming back, Logan is waiting for me outside with a short and a T-shirt.

"Do you feel better?" He asks and when I groan he smirks.

"What's up with you, bro?" He asks again.

"Where is Lana? How is she?" I ask instead of answer him. I need to know that she is safe.

"She is resting in her room. Asher is with her. Mom says she has a concussion and she has to be monitoring all night but Lana refused to stay and Asher swears that he will check on her every hour."

"He better be!"

"Do you like her?" He asks raising his right eyebrow.

"NO!"

He laughs: " You answer too fast and your voice is too high for me to believe you. Moreover, it's the only logical explanation I can find."

I sigh: "I don't know she has the power the drive me crazy. For a moment, I was thinking she was my mate but with the bracelet, I would have known now if it was her. I don't know what is it about her but there is something."

"For sure there is something, Asher lied for her while he knew how much it will cost him."

"What happened exactly?" I ask because thinking about how she is close to Asher annoyed me. Make me feel...

"Jealous?" My wolf finishes my sentence for me.

"Pfff!!! Us jealous, this is ridiculous!"

"Is it, isn't it?" I add when he ignores me.

"My parents and your father are waiting for us in his office to speak about that." He replies.

"Then what are we waiting for?"

"I just wanted to warn you. Your little brother is furious against you so be careful."

"Pfff! He's 5 what can he do against me."

He raises in hands in a mock surrender: " Don't tell I didn't warn you. I did my Beta job here. Not my problem if you don't take the threat seriously."

We are in the office for 40 minutes now and Bea explained to all of us that Lana fainted is a side effect of the bracelet. Even if she doesn't use the magic wearing this bracelet is weaking her and her dormant wolf. So the more longer she is wearing the more she will feel sick and worst case she could fall in a coma.

"Remove it as soon as possible then." I say and dad nods in agreement.

"How long will she need to recover?" Mom asks to Bea.

"I would say 2-3 weeks. She is a really weak shape. She needs a lot of rest."

"Thank you Bea. You may go and enjoy your evening. Charlize and I need to speak to Ezra in private." Dad dismisses her, Leo and Logan.

"Can you give me an explanation about your behavior earlier?" He asks me as soon as Leo closed the doors.

I sigh and look at my feet in shame as I know my behavior unworthy for a future Alpha: " I wish I could but it doesn't make any sense for me or my wolf either. I'm sorry for disappointing you."

As he doesn't say a word, I keep going: "I don't why but every time I'm around her, I'm not myself anymore. I was thinking that she was maybe my mate but I was wrong."

"Thinking or hoping?"

"I don't know maybe both." I shrug.

"Did you ever touch her, skin to skin, since you turned 16?"

"Yes?" It sounds more like a question than an answer as I don't follow where he wants to go.

"Then she is not your mate." He replies.

Ouch... My wolf retreats farther in my head.

"How can you be so sure?"

"She is an untrained witches as she didn't grow in a cover. And even if she was, blocking the sparks is possible for only a few witches. The most powerful ones."

"Oh..."

"Sorry son."

"Dinner is ready!" Mom says though our mindlink.

"Let's go. Mom doesn't like to wait and I have to apologize to Elliot."

Just when I enter the kitchen and before I can say anything, Elliot punches me in the balls making me kneel and groan in pain.

"Don't ever make her cry again!" He orders me.

Fuck! It's so painful. Logan was right he is a really threat!

Mom chuckles and tells to dad:" who would have believed that even with 14 years of age gap they will have a crush for the same girl!"

"Mom this is not funny. Don't complain if I can't have kids. He just kill your chance to have grandkids soon."

"Good! I'm too young to be a grand mother." She replies.

She gives me her hands:" Let me help you, punkin'." She used to called me that when I was young. Dad chuckles.

"Mom, I'm not your baby anymore!" I protest taking her hand.

"You sure do act like you still are."

"Elliot, I'm sorry. I was so worried for-" I start but I'm cut by screams and a commotion coming from  the game room.

Dad and I run to see what is going on and we arrive we see Asher fighting with Clint. Mari is in shock in a corner of the room. A few second later We are joined by Logan and his father.

"What the hell! Asher stop!" Lana screams pulling us out of our shock. Sure they don't get along but they never fight, never.

Dad blocks her when she tries to intervene and orders them to stop fighting.

"Oh my goddess! What going on here?" Mathilda, Asher and Clint's mother, asks.

"I don't know! He just went crazy. If it's because I'm the future-" Clint starts but Asher cuts him.

"Having my position was not enough! You have to steal my mate too!"

We hear a general gasp. Mari what have you done!

"What?! I swear I didn't know!" Clint says.

Asher is not listening to him, as he is looking at Mari with disgust and hurt: " You such an hypocrite! Saying you don't want to be with me because our Luna will always pass first and here you are making out with my little brother, the now future Gamma!"

"Please, don't. I'm so sorry!" She begs crying.

He has a short laugh, a humorless one: "Too late for that, don't you think? Mates are supposed to support each other and to push their other half farther. Clearly you will never be that mate, I was so stupid to still believe you could."

"No, no, no! Don't" she begs trying to hug him but he pushes her away.

"I, Asher Stone, reject you, Mariana Wester, as my mate."

"As for you, you're dead to me." He adds looking at Clint before leaving the room then the house. Lana shakes her head and follow him.

"How could you do that to your own mate! You used me to get him!" Clint says to Mari before leaving the room too.