Chapter 45

(Him)

Seeing Liv in so much pain is awful! I feel so powerless!

"It's him. He's calling for her!" My wolf growls in my head.

"Did you try to reach her wolf? Can we help her in some way?" I ask him worriedly.

"I tried but she is in too much pain to respond." He replies as frustrated as I can by the fact there is nothing we can do.

Lina and Noah arrive and she orders us to move. She comes in front of Olivia and orders to look at her. Liv looks at her and they both stay silent. Lina's eyes are all black but the black veins below them are not here as usual. After a few minutes, Liv sighs in relief and I don't feel any pain anymore.

"Thank you!" She tells her.

"Thank you... But what did you do exactly?" I ask Lina.

"I forbade her wolf to follow William's call. As a Lycan and the future Queen, I'm above him and his orders. I was not sure it would work but I had to try."

"Maybe you should lock me down again." Liv says, her voice deeper.

"It's her wolf." My wolf explains.

"No, you have been locked for too long already. We just have to let him believe you're locked down again. He can't feel your wolf anymore. My order is blocking your bond and if I do it every few days, he will not feel you. We just have to make him believe that we block your wolf again when we announce your mating." Lina replies.

"Good!" I'm relieved too now.

"What do you mean when you announce our mating?" Liv asks as she is control again.

Shit! I forgot to tell her...

"She doesn't know?" Noah asks me.

I shook my head: " I was planning on telling her but she has other ideas and after I forgot. I will explain everything to her now."

"Okay... Better leave you alone then." He replies and they all leave us alone.

I explained everything to Liv and even if she was not fond of the idea to announce our mating officially, she understood why we have to do it. We've decided we will do the announcement next week as we want to enjoy ourselves together for another week. When it will become official for sure other Alphas would ask to meet us and congratulate us. We will also use her old name, not the real one. Alpha William needs to believe that we don't know. Jonas and Knox let us know that he already called their parents and he was furious. He asked for their help. At the same time, he has no idea that Phoebe helped to hide her. I can't call her Liv's mother after what she has done. Knox and Noah cast a protection spell on Liv, she can't be found. This is how we can wait a week before becoming official.

The week went too fast. I wished we could have more time but I knew we couldn't wait for more. It has been 2 months since the announcement but nothing happened yet. But he has to know it's her as there was a picture with the announcement. We are now on our way back to the pack, after meeting another of our allies who wanted to congratulate us. It's the fifth, we met for the last 5 weeks. Liv is sleeping on my shoulder. She's stressing a lot about the meetings but she is doing a great job. I'm so proud she's my Luna. Hopefully, once Alpha William will be dead we will have some time alone. Maybe we could go on holiday. It will be our honeymoon.

"Liv will love that!" My wolf comments, agreeing with the idea to have our mate for us only.

"Yes, we should keep it secret. It will be a great surprise!" I reply.

We have 6 warriors with us, and no Lycans as we want to keep our connection with them secret for now. Asher doesn't like to not be here and for sure he's waiting for us at the border. I'm not driving, one of the warriors is driving, which is nice because I can have Liv in my arms. Suddenly we have to stop as a truck is blocking the road. Before we can do anything, we are surrounded by a fog. A fog of wolfbane and aconitum napellus, we are all coughing and soon I'm losing the connexion with my wolf. How is it even possible for the frog to be in the car too? A witch what else! We are now surrounded by 15 werewolves in their human forms and wearing a mask. If they shift, they also will be infected by the gas and they don't need to shift as we are becoming too weak. Liv is now wide awake and I can see the fear in her eyes. We both know they are here for her. I will use all the forces I have left to protect her, even if I have to die.

"Stay in the car!" I order her and I'm going out with the warriors.

They are not rogues, they belong to a pack. I can smell it.

"We are here for the girl. We don't want to arm you. Give her to us and nobody will be harmed." One of them says.

"Over my dead body!" I reply.

"As you wish!" He shrugs before taking a gun before aiming it at me.

"I will come! Don't shoot him, please!" Liv says, going out of the car.

"No!" I scream.

"Please, Ezra! You will come to me. I know you will!" She says. She is crying. Of course I will come but maybe not on time, not before he has the time to hurt her.

"Time to say goodbye, princess." The man says impatiently.

A flash of lightning touches the ground between us and them and a woman appears in front of us.

"Hello there! What's going on here?" She asks, smiling. She looks around and frowns when she is Olivia crying.

"Who made her cry?" She roars.

When nobody replies, she laughs: " Stupid question! I obviously know why you are here! You smell like your shitty Alpha!"

"Who are you?" The man asks her.

"I could say, I will spare your lives but I don't like lying. So I'm Hope and I'm here to kill you all." She replies with a cold smile.

"Starting with you!" She adds running on the right of the road and coming back holding a girl by the throat. She has a mask too but I can see she has our age. She is so young!

"Please! Don't!" The girl begs.

"Why should I spare you when you're working for the devil?" Hope asks.

"He has my mate's life in his hands. I don't do it willingly." She replies.

"Shut the portal now!" Hope orders.

The girl nods and after a few seconds, Hope drops her on the floor and cages her with wind? What? How?

"I will see what I will do with you later, little witch. I don't like killing witches. Now, who's next?" She says, rubbing his hands.

"Why are you not infected by the gas? You smell like a wolf and you're a witch." The same man asks.

"I'm not a flitty dog!" She says as if he has insulted her. They all growl.

She smiles at their reactions. Is she crazy? She looks like she is for me.

" I'm mated to one of your kind. Don't tell him I said he was a flitty dog or I will be at the dog house or rather the cat house... It's funny how you can shift because you will be infected by the gas. It will be so boring to kill you... Maybe I should clean the air!" She says. She raises her hand and suddenly the wind is blowing hard. I'm already feeling my strength coming back.

"And to reply to your question, I'm not a witch but an elemental!" She finishes.

She turns into a giant tiger before attacking them. She's a werecat and an elemental! Wait what's an elemental? There are thunderbolts everywhere and in a few seconds, they are all dead.

She shifts back and says: "Boring! It was so easy!" She takes one of the dead man's shirts and puts it on.

She looks at Liv and smiles, a genius smile: " Olivia, look at you! You're so beautiful!"

She walks towards us and I push Liv behind my back: " Relax! I'm here to protect her. Let me introduce myself again. I'm Hope, Olivia's godmother!"

She says extending her hand.