Chapter 15

(Him)

We are winning the battle. I would not say it's easy because in a battle like this where people are hurt or die, I don't think it's easy. I killed my first wolf today, I can't believe it. I'm mainly focused on my surroundings and I don't know how Logan, Mari or Asher are fighting but I know we're winning. We are all well trained. Still my wolf is restless and I don't know why.

"What's up with you?" I ask him a bit annoyed.

"Something is not right. I can feel it."

"What?"

"I don't know!"

"Then figure out and let me focus on the fight!" I order him.

A few minutes later, I feel him trying to take control. Before I can reprimand him he begs me to trust him and as my father told me often our wolves have better instincts and we need to follow them. So I let him taking over and he starts to run toward the pack house. On our way, we see, in our right side, Clint running toward the battlefield and making my wolf running faster.

"Son, where are you? It's a diversion they are attacking the pack house. Your mother and brother are in trouble!" My dad informs me through the mindlink.

"Already on my way, my wolf felt something was wrong and he tool over."

"Be careful until we arrive we're not far from you." He replies.

I don't answer him it's not needed and I can't. I can't because the more I'm coming closer the pack house, the I smell something or rather someone. Someone I'm hoping to smell for months, my mate... And now that I'm smelling her now I'm about to have the answer of my question, I'm afraid of what I will find. Apparently, my wolf doesn't share my worries as he's running faster since we smelled her.

When we finally arrive in front the pack house, we see out mother, Sage, Mathilda and two retired warriors protect by an invisible shield and not far from them but alone Lana sourrended by 5 wolves.

"Mate!" My wolf says while we're looking at her but before I can think about it the shields disappears and a wolf jumps at her and bites her neck deeply.

"NO!" My wolf and I scream in a same voice. We're already in movement and We kill them all before my wolf gave me back the control. I shift back in my human skin. I don't care about the battle anymore she is dying and I can't lost her when I just found her.

"Lana stay with me! Don't close your eyes!" I order her but she is already losing consciousness.

"No, No, No!" I scream putting my hands trying to stop the bleeding and failing miserably.

I'm feeling so numb and dumb right now. I don't understand anything, nothing make senses anymore while I'm looking at her life slipping away. Someone shake me and when I look up I see a stranger. He told me:

"I can help her but you need to move. I need a better access to her wounds."

I don't why but my wolf and I trust him. So I move away but putting Lana's head on my lap.

"How bad is it?" An unknown feminine's voice asks.

"Very bad. We need a healer but I can stop the bleedy until we found one." The man replies and indeed Lana's bleeding has stop.

"I'm Noah by the way and this is my mate Selina, my cousin Tom and his mate Emily." He adds for me.

When I look up, I see two women and two men that I have never see before and we are all under a big shield. Who are they? What are they doing here?

"Do you have a healer in your pack?" Tom asks to mom. She just shakes her head, I don't know why she is in shock? Awe? What going one.

"Carol, Duncan's biological aunt is a healer. You can teleport her." Selina says.

"Show me." Noah replies, tending his hand and she gives her.

"Why are you in war with this pack?" Tom asks.

"We need more wolves and they refused to help us. We didn't know they have a witch with them. And we don't want to be in war with your coven." Alpha Nathan of the Black Wolf Pack says.

"And you're not in wolf form, fighting with your pack?" Emily asks surprised.

"An Alpha is never in the fisrt line!" He replies.

"Why do you need more wolves?" Selina asks him

"We're rising an army against the Lycans. They have not right to rule us. We want our freedom back! You should join us too. With your help we could burn the castle with all the royalties inside."

They all growl to his last sentence but it's quiet growl so I don't think Alpha Nathan heard them.

"You never met a Lycan, don't you?" Emily asks.

"How do we play it?" Tom asks as the all turn their backs to Alpha Nathan.

"There is another front in the north west. I can feel them trying to force my shield, it's annoying." Noah comments.

"Perfect! Two against two then. 100 bucks Emily and I are faster!" Tom smirks.

"I'm kind of busy now. I have to find Carol and maintain the shield in place so I'm out." Noah replies.

"The shield will not be useful in a few minutes but you're right bringing Carol is your main mission." Selina agrees.

"Then one against two? We are taking the other battlefield to let youe more time." Emily says.

"To let you believe you can win!" Tom smirks.

"500 bucks I'm killing more than all of you in human form." Asher says as he, my father, Logan, his father and some warriors are joining us. My father is in awe in front of the scene. Does Asher know them?

"And you believe you can win?!" Tom smirks.

"Of course we will." Asher smilles at him.

How does he know them?!

Selina laughs:"You're your worst enemy Thomas. There is no chance you win."

"Game on, Princess!" He replies before running so fast that it's like he just vanished. Emily follows him right away.

"What the hell!" Alpha Nathan says.

"You're not a smart man, don't you?" Selina tells him with a cold smile.

He growls at her and she keeps explaining: "For a wolf, you don't have a good vision nor sense of smell. I mean did you ever have seen a witch who belongs to a coven fight alone. Do you really think a army of wolves can destroy one Lycan. Do I look like a witch for you?"

"You're one of them!" Alpha Nathan says with disgust.

"We're all. And we don't take well threat against ours. But I will let you a chance to live if you leave now. I don't fancy killing wolves that don't deserve it so go before it's too late." She says the last sentence looking at each wolves.

"Let burn that bitch." Alpha Nathan growls and orders his warriors.

Noah growls and he starts to mutter something. "Nope love, you said you were out." Selina cuts him.

"Yes dude, don't kill our fun. I want their bloods for hurting my future Luna. But I need a lift can you help me. " Ashers adds a cold smile on his face.

Noah nods and propulses Asher toward the rogues and warriors but Selina is already by him side. Asher is fighting in his human form with two swords that I don't know where they're coming from. It's bloody and in a few minutes the fight is over if you could call it a fight because it looked more like a killing. But I'm not focusing on thar but on my mate. Noah mutters something and a woman appears in front of us.

"Hi Carol, I'm Noah, Selina's mate. I'm sorry to disturb you like that but my friend really needs you. I stopped the bleeding but I can't heal her, please?"

Carol bows her head and nods: "Let me see her wounds."

When she puts her hands on Lana, she starts to heal right away and me and my wolf sigh in relief. She will live! She is safe now!

Now it's going to be the time to have some answer.