Chapter 30

(Her)

I'm spending my lunch in the library as I don't have a lot of time to study anymore. And also because I'm avoiding Ezra and I know we have time lunch at the same time today. This morning, I left the room before he went back from the bathroom. He took me by surprise and I don't know what to answer to him.
"Hey!" Someone whispers on my back making me jump. Thanks, Goddess it's only Mariana.
"Ha, it's you!" I reply, relieved.

she smiles at me and comes to sit in front of me: "Are you hiding from someone?"
"I don't know what you're talking about?" I deny.
Her smile becomes bigger: " So I can tell Ezra where you're. He's looking for you."
"NO!" I whisper yell making her laugh.
"How do you know I'm avoiding him?" I ask her.
"Call it an intuition... Or I might have heard about a certain wolf who broke your door and slept with you last night. You still smell like him."
I smell myself at her last sentence: " Yeah, I kind of left before I add time to take my shower."

"Do you want to speak about what happened last night?" She asks.
Since the attack, we are getting closer. She is actually a nice person when you know her. I can even say we're becoming friends. She asked me a lot of questions about our missions with Team L. I thought the story about the siren that Ash saved would make her laugh but it didn't. Something is off with her since she took that arrow at my place. A spark is missing in her eyes and she is not as cheerful as she used to be. I hope she will tell me what is going on because I'm quite sure she is not speaking to anyone. Anyway if I want her to trust me I need to trust her too. So why not share my problems with her. Also, I need advice, a woman's advice. And Selina would push me in Ezra's arms.
"I told me that he loves me and he wants me!" I whisper.
"So?" She shrugs.
"So? What I'm going to do? He took me by surprise!"
"Don't be so surprised! Everybody that he loves you for years now. It was clear that you were driving crazy because he was head over hills for you. Even if I agree he acted stupidly most of the time. It's good to know that he finally manned up."
"Remind me, someone! You've both a weird way to show your love..." I say, annoyed that she doesn't understand where the problem is but as soon as I see her face, I feel bad and regret it.
"Sorry, I should have said that..." I add.
"It's okay. Only the truth hurts." She says with a sad smile.
"He wants me to move in his room starting today. How I'm going to do to avoid him now? We can't become close!"
"Maybe you should try... I will give everything to have time with my mate even if it's only for a few weeks."
"You know, you will have more than a few weeks with Ash. We will fix your relationship." I tell her taking her hands. She is cold which weird for a werewolf. When She sees me looking at her hand she takes it back and hides it below the table.
"What I'm going to do? I can't face a shirtless or naked Ezra every day!" I say biting my nails.
She chuckles:" Do you know how many girls would kill to see him shirtless? You have no idea how many girls hide in the locker room to have a chance to see him shirtless."
That makes my scroll. Bitches!
She smirks: "Are you jealous, Lana?"
"Nope!" I say looking at my notes.
"Let's have a girl night tonight. You will come back late so you can avoid him at least one more night." She says after a moment of silence.

"You will do that for me? Because I don't think he will happy with you." I ask in hope.

"Of course! It's what friends are for?" She replies.
"I like being your friend. You're not that bitchy once we know you."

"Thank you, I guess."
"You know I'm your friend with no benefits. So you tell me if something is not right." I tell her.
"Oh I know we are with no benefits. Sorry to disappoint you but I don't do girl." She teases me.
"It's not what I meant!" I reply but I smile at her joke.
"I know."
"I'm don't excepting anything from you. You deserve to have a friend for you not for who you're."
"Thank you." She says smiling.
"Still you're using me to avoid your mate." She teases me.

"Teasing is running in your blood!" I comment.

She snorts: "You should see my mother. She's 10 times worst than me and Logan. Fortunately, my father is working a lot if not she would driving him crazy."
I spent a really great time with Mariana. It's nice to have another girlfriend. Selina is a great friend but not only she's a Lycan but she also is our future Queen so we don't share the same problem and she doesn't have a lot of free time. And since they're here, I'm spending a lot of time with Noah, less with her, unfortunately. Emily is nice but she doesn't join us on a mission really often so we are not close enough for me to see as a confidant. Moreover, I'm secretive by nature.
It's past midnight when I come back to Ezra's room. I can't call it our room, it's surrealistic when less than 24 hours ago, I was sure he didn't want me as his mate. I hope he's sleeping, cross fingers! When I arrive in front of his door, I can hear noises in his room, which means I'm not lucky. Which means he's not sleeping. I try as quiet as possible but with his werewolf ears, he knows I'm here. He is sitting at his desk writing something on his pc, with two books opens. He is wearing glasses and he kind of looks super hot with it.
"Are you done checking me?" He asks with a playful tone.
Ugh! Burn!
"Why are you wearing glasses?" I ask him.
"When I work too long on a screen, I have headaches. The glasses prevent them."
I nod. I look around and I can see that the sofa is turned into a bed. Ezra sees me looking at it so he says: " I'm sleeping on the sofa, you will take the bed."
"You don't to. It's your room. I can take the sofa." I reply.
"Our room. It's our room." He corrects me.
"Sorry... I'm not used to it yet." I reply looking down and I can feel I'm blushing.
"How was your girl night?" He asks me.
"It was nice. I like her."
"Good! You both need a girlfriend."
"Actually, I'm worried about her. You know her better than me. Did you feel something was off about her?" I ask him.
He sighs: " Asher's rejection is hard for her."
"No there is something else. I can feel it..." I mutter more for myself.

He smiles: "You will be a great Luna one day. You're so caring and loving."

That makes me uncomfortable.
"Sorry I should have said that. I will never push you to do something you don't want to. I was just sharing my thoughts not what I'm expecting from you. " He adds.
"It's okay. I'm tired I'm going to sleep. Don't work too late. Night Ezra." I shy away.

He sighs: "Night Lana."