Chapter 47

(Him)

Nobody is speaking after what we saw. We're all voiceless. And we are many: the Queen, the King, Selina, Noah, Logan, Angie, Asher, Mari, Knox, my parents, Tom, Emily, Melinda Warren, and Alistair Sangpur - Noah's parents. The Queen had ordered Hope to share with all of us the truth and even if she was recalcitrant she had no choice.

Still, nobody is speaking right now, we are all looking at Hope with disbelieved of what we just saw.

"You knew something was up, still you didn't tell me anything." Melinda says looking at her mate and breaking the silence.

"We both know, you would have tried to discover what was going on. Nothing would have stopped you. I know you don't get along well with your sister and your opinion about her is wrong but she used to be my friend before I met you." Alistair replies.

"That's not true!" Melinda protests.

"Really? Because you believed her with no doubt when she told you she sold our niece for a piece of land." He replies back.

"I don't like that when you're right. Moreover, this is not the question anymore. I can't believe I missed it! She is my little sister! I should have protected her." Melinda says shaking her head.

"Don't blame yourself. You were always in competition when you were young and we both know it was difficult for Phoebe to grow in your shadow. You were never closed because of that." Hope says.

She looks at the Queen and adds: "You can't be involved, it's too dangerous for her and Jonas. You know that."

"Yes, I will not get involved directly... Except if he doesn't challenge Ezra. I will have no choice but as long as I can let things drag on, I will." The Queen replies.

"Who was the body we found in the house?" Knox asks, changing the subject.

"I don't know. I can call and find a skeleton with my gifts. I just have to think about the kind of body I want. The size, the sex, the age... And it appears just like that. I did the same today with the witch we've captured." Hope replies.

"How?" Asher asks.

"We don't know. Hope is able to do things with her gifts that no elementals ever did before her." Melinda says.

"I have mastered them, that's it." Hope replies with pride.

"Are they happy now together?" My parents, I mean." Liv asks in a small voice.

"When they met it was love at first sight. They healed each other's wounds and they were perfect together." Hope starts.

"But what about now?" Liv cuts her.

"No, they're not. Both of them. And now I know why..." Knox replies.

"Mate is sad! Go hug her!" My wolf orders.

I roll my eyes at him but still, get closer to Liv and take her in my arms. She needs it and she's seeking my comfort.

"Your father was a broken man when they met and your mother saved him but he still had this low esteem of himself. After what happened with Alpha William, he got lost again and your mother was not able to bring him back this time, unfortunately." Hope explains.

" He never spoke about his parents. And I didn't even know he was allergic to peanuts!" Knox comments.

"They were monsters but I never knew their first victim was their own son. I always found him too proud but I never expected it was to hide a such deep wound..."The Queen says.

"How do you know? Knox asks.

"They were well known in the werewolves community. Their reputation was so bad that no rogues dared to cross their path. With Team-L we were about to investigate them but Hope and Phoebe went first ." She replies.

"Your grandparents were psychopaths. They should never have kids. They wanted a girl to mate her to Alpha William and merge their packs. They were really disappointed to have a boy and never loved him. They were never loving parents but when they learned your father was allergic to peanuts they saw it as a weakness and a disgrace for their bloodlines. They started to torture him when he was 3. We were contacted by their Beta who asked us to put a stop to their tyranny. When Phoebe realized Bill was her mate she lost it and killed them." Hope explains.

Nobody is speaking.

"When we found him, he was in a really bad shape. So skinny, he weighed less than 30 kilos. He was just a skeleton. I never saw someone so skeletal. It took more than a year for Phoebe to heal him and for him to become healthy for the first time in his life. But he still had a lot of anger against his parents and he asked Phoebe to not fight his battle for him. This is why he used to put those damn bracelets every time he wanted her to stay out. Their love was true and beautiful. It broke my heart to see it destroyed by that bastard. Maybe this is why he asked for you to be his mate like that he would have respect for your grandparents and his parents' wishes." Hope continues.

"Why did you let him become the Alpha if he was so damaged?" The King asks.

"Because I met him and I felt he was a good man. And he's a good Alpha." The Queen replies instead.

"Yes, he is. He's just a distant father. He doesn't know how to show love and is really secretive but now I understand why. Jonas and I always wanted him to share his childhood memories with us but they are not nice or happy. I can believe it! How will I break the news to Jonas." Knox says, looking defeated.

"We will do it together, brother!" Liv tells him.

Melinda looks at them: " I'm sorry! I should have been more present for you and your brother. We should have been able to pass our differences with your mother. Family is so important!"

"You saved my life and pushed me in the arms of my mate. You did a lot for me actually." Liv replies.

Someone knocks at the doors. It's Leo.

"Sorry to disturb you Alpha but you've blocked your mind link. Alpha William is waiting on the phone. He wants to speak with Ezra." He says.

Liv hugs me harder.

"It's going to be okay!" I mindlink her.

I don't ask her if she wants to come. I can already feel her fear and hearing his voice will make it worse.

I go into my father's office and I can feel that he's following me with my mother and Leo.

"Future Alpha Ezra, What can I do for you, Alpha William?" I say taking the phone.

"I, Alpha William, Challenge you, Future Alpha Ezra." He just says.

"Challenge accepted but may I ask why?" I reply.

"You have something that belongs to me." He explains.

"That's fucking bastard! She doesn't belong to anyone!" My wolf growls and I try to keep him in control.

"I know but we need to play dumb and do as we don't know." I tell him.

"And what's that? It can't be my territory as I'm not the Alpha yet." I ask him.

"I will tell you, the day of the challenge. I will contact you again to set up a date."

"Good. I can't wait. I want the challenge to take place as soon as possible." I reply.

"Me too!" He says before ending the call.

"You did great son!" Dad says, slapping my back.

"Mom?" I ask looking at her.

"Sorry, I can't help but be worried. I know you will win but I can't help it now that I know how vicious he's." She explains.

I nod. I understand and know Liv will feel the same way. But I'm not scared. My wolf growls in excitement. He can't wait to test his blood and to see the life leaving his eyes.

"Game on Alpha William!" He says in my head.