Chapter 6

(Her)

"Lana, wait!" I hear Ash says in my back but I keep running but he is catching quickly and stops me.

"You know he doesn't think what he just said?" He adds

"Really? Because it's not the first time he is telling me this."

"When he is angry he's speaking before to think."

"Well, he can go to hell!"

"That he can." He nods.

"Why you didn't tell me?" I ask.

"Told you what?" I ask not understanding what I'm asking.

"Mariana is your mate!"

"Don't deny it. It's too obvious." I add when I see him shaking his head.

"Because I was ashamed. My mate doesn't want me but she is not rejecting me either. How stupid is it!"

I laugh, a short dry laugh: " Goddess! She is so stupid. You're just the perfect mate! She doesn't know how lucky she is! I'm going to kick her ass!" Now I'm even more angry.

"Don't please!" He says with horror.

I put and concede: "Fine!" Too bad it would have help me. I'm so upset that I would have been a good way to evacuate it.

"Thank you for defending me. And that dances..." He says hugging me.

"Yeah, I know. I might go a bit too far but it was worth it!" I smile at him.

"Yeah, it was. But don't be surprised if guys start to hit on you. That was fucking hot."

"The same goes for you." I add and we both laugh.

"You were a bad girl, changing the music with your magic. I thought good witches can't use magic for their own profit." He teases me.

"You watched Charmed too much."

"Never watched it!" He denies.

"Mmm, it was a nice show. Too bad Piper and Leo split up in the last season."

"What are you talking about? They grew old together."

"I knew it! I watched all the seasons of the show!" I smirk.

"What! Come on, I was sick and boring!" He defenses himself and I laugh.

"I forbade you to tell this to anyone." He adds.

"And what are you going to do? And I know worst than that!"

"Like?"

"You cried when we watched the lion king."

"Come on, who would not cry?"

"Right but you cried in front of Moana too." I tease him

"You swear that we will never speak about that again!" He protests.

"Relax, I will never tell anyone but I can tease you with that."

"Let's go home. Do you want to sleep in my place?" I ask him.

"Yes, please. I don't want to deal with Clint's bullshit tonight."

****

We are at my place, I already took my shower and put my pajamas. Now, it's Ash turn. I've inherited Jane's house when she died and as I was old enough I was emancipated. Jane was a great person and losing her was hard. It's still hard to live without her. As it was hard to recover all my memories back. Ash, even if he didn't realize that at this time was my only light. Ever since I have nightmares, this why I used to sleep a lot at Ash's house.

"I have a question." Ash says entering the salon.
"For me?" I ask.
"No, for the invisible man!" He replies in a duh tone.
"Yeah... stupid question. Ask anyway. Tea?"
"Yes, please. I love your tea."
"It's because as a witch, I'm working a lot with herbs so I know the best mix."
"Right. Back to my question, I would like for you to be honest."
He is acting weird, he is not the type of guy to beat about the bush. He is normally direct, too direct sometimes.
"You're scaring me." I tell him.
"Is Ezra your mate?"
"Why would you think that?"
"What he said hurt you deeply the same way Mariana is hurting me with her words. Answer me now because he smelt a few times his mate but the smell always vanished and we both know you can do that."
"I don't know. I'm not sure as my wolf is dormant. What I can tell you is that something is annoying me about him like nobody else." I don't look at him because I don't want to see that I'm lying.
"Still with your magic, you could know if he is your mate or not but you're not trying to confirm it."
"I can't have a mate."
"Why that."
I shake my head.
"Are you hiding your smell from him?"
"I..."

"I know you don't get along but Hate is the closest feeling to love. And if you are scared, I can guarantee you that he will not reject you. He is one of the finest guys I know and I'm sure with no doubt that he will take good care of you if he is really your mate."
I'm not so sure about that with how many times he told me that he didn't want to be my mate. Been my mate will get him killed and I can't let that happened. I can't have a mate. I was not destined to have a mate.

I sigh: "Someday, someone will come for me and there is nothing that nobody could do against that."
"You know I will ever protect you."
"I know but when my time is coming I will be the one protecting you."
"You look so scared. Maybe we should speak with Selina and Tom."
"No, please. This is my problem and I don't want anyone to be involved in."
"Please Ash!" I beg.

"Fine! But promise me, you will verify if Erza is your mate or not."
"I will think about it. I'm going to sleep. Night Ash." I leave the living before he can answer me. I don't want to continue this discussion.