Chapter 24

(Her)

Mariana is so annoying! She is trying to speak every time we meet! She is very friendly but ugh!!!! I'm almost missing bitchy Mariana. Now, when I'm going to university not only I need to avoid Ezra but I also have to avoid her! Funny thing though, she never tries to speak with me when I'm with Ash. I don't understand why? I mean she wants us to become friends only to become closer to Ash, so why hiding it from him? It doesn't make any sense. I will ask her next time she comes to see me.

*****

I didn't have to wait too long before to ask her! As she jumps on me as soon as she saw I was alone. I'm going to find some herbs and mushrooms for some potions. There is a clearing in the middle of the wood in the south where I will find almost all the herbs I need and a few mushrooms too. So here we are walking in the wood together... I could have teleport myself but she would not give up and I was hoping that a long walk would dissuade her from coming with me. Guess what? I was wrong! I just forgot that werewolves love to walk in the woods and she was no exception to that rule; so she was eager to come with me.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask her.

"Sure go ahead!"

"Why you only speak to me when I'm alone and not when I'm with Ash? I mean you want to win him back so why be only friendly when he's not here?"

"I want to prove to him that I have changed or I'm changing for him. But I'm also realistic about the fact that my chances are low and right now he can't even looking at me without been repel. Truth is you're my only chance if I have one left. If you see that I have changed, you might tell him and convince him to give me a last chance. Right now, there is nothing coming from me that will convince him that I can be the mate he wants me to be."

"So you're becoming my friends to use me."

"Yes and no. I really want to be your friend but I know that if you believe that I've changed you might speak to Asher. I know I didn't show it but I love him with all my heart and it's him or nobody else. No life worth to be live without him."

"If you love him why were you always mean with him?" I ask, skeptical.

"Call me stupid or jealous... Or both. I just wanted him to look at me and care for me as he does for you." She replies.

"What about kissing Clint? You knew it was unforgivable."

"I didn't think that far at the moment... I'm getting angry easily and when it's the case, I'm acting before thinking. I know I also need to change that but I can't help it."

"Okay, I can't understand but this is n0t the reason why."

She sighs:" You will think it's stupid and that I'm just a little brat."

"You want my help then you have to tell me." I reply.

"Fine! I have a great family, loving parents, and a caring brother but they all working hard and a lot. I think this why Logan and I are so closed because our parents were busy almost all the time. They will do everything for us and when they have free time we are spending it together but they don't have a lot of free time. I think they are feeling guilty as they buy us everything we want. Anyway, when Logan started to train to become the Beta, he grew closer with our father, and I kind of become jealous of the time they spent together. I tried to become closer to my mother but I don't want to become a doctor like her. Having people's life in your hands is too stressful for me.I thought that when Logan left for his training camp I will have more time with them and I even start training hoping my father will take the time to train me but I'm not the future beta. And when he came back, it became even worst as he's the perfect son. They were only speaking about him. That evening they were speaking about how he would never have let his mate suffering like I was doing. When I left the dinner, I saw Clint in the playroom. He was looking so upset so I decided to check on him. We spoke how about it was hard to be in our brother's shadow. How we will never as great as they are. How it is hard to be the brother or the sister of a future high ranking wolf. I don't know I felt like I was understood like we were in the same situation. I was not just the future Beta's little sister. He didn't see me like that and it felt nice.I just wanted to thank him to be there for me."

"So you didn't kiss him because of who "Little brother of" he is." I comment.

"I know it's stupid but people speak to me because I'm Logan's sister. I don't even know if I have a real friend. So many people are using me to be closer to Logan and Ezra. So I learned how to use them too. It's how friendship is working for me. We are friends only if we can be useful for each other."

That's sad actually.

"You know Ash will never look at you like he's looking at me. He never looked at me with love and he never will."

"But your friendship is special and I want that. I want to be special to someone. I hope all my life that it would be my mate to discover at 16 that he already has his special one. I know I acted stup-" She stops mid sentences someone is mindlinking her.

She catches my arms and turns around: " We have to go back. The patrol was attacked and at least 6 rogues were able to pass through. You can't fight so we need to find a safe place."

"I can fight! I'm a witch. I can even create a safe place right here, right now!" I protest.

"You're the future Luna so you're a target. I'm not taking any risks!" She retorts, pushing me to walk faster. Should I tell that I can teleport us? But before I can propose her...

"Lana watch out!" Mariana screams before pushing me on the floor.

An arrow hit her on her right shoulder. Instantly, I create a protective dome around us. I squat on the floor to check on Mariana. She blacked out. I take out the arrow by telekinesis. I don't want to touch it as I can smell strongly wolfbane and aconitum napellus on it. I block the bleeding and the poison in her blood.

"We come for you little witch. Come with us and nobody else will be hurt." A man says coming out of the shadow. He's surrounded by 5 rogues in wolf form. I know Noah trained me to face this kind of situation but I really hope help will arrive fast.