Chapter 12

(Her)

I'm not fast and strong enough to follow Asher but I'm still trying because I know he needs me now. So here I'm running slow and out of breath. Gosh, being only a human have to be so difficult! Oh, lightheaded again and now black dots. Craps! I'm going to fall again! But before it could happen someone catches me.

"Let him cool down. We both know he will come back for you, he always does." Clint tells me, his arms around me preventing me to fall.

I know but still... I wish I could teleport myself to him but even if I don't wear that bracelet anymore, I'm still too weak. Moreover, with the concussion, I could fail my teleportation and end up anywhere. I take the time to look at him, both his eyes are blue and his lip is still bleeding.

"He did a number on you." I comment touching his bleeding lip.

"I can help you with that." I add.

"Don't. I don't want you to heal me. And You're looking pale so I don't think it's a good idea." He replies.

I scoff: "I'm a witch, not a healer. I can't block the injuries and stop the bleeding but I can't heal you. But I know some herbs that would help."

"Don't worry, werewolves heal faster, remember? And I deserve it. I kissed his mate, it's unforgivable." He sighs in shame.

"You didn't know." I tell him.

"You believe me?" He says looking in my eyes with hope.

"Sure you and Ash don't have the best relationship but you would have never done that to him. Mates are sacred for both of you."

"You know I used to be jealous of him. Asher the future Gamma, my father's pride... And now that I'm in his shoes... It's harder than what I was expecting and I don't know if I will be able to protect my Luna before my mate in case of danger. I guess I'm not a Gamma's wolf. I was jealous for nothing after all."

"Uhm, can you keep that for yourself." He adds after he realized what he just told me.

"Don't worry, I'm good at keeping secret!" I tell him.

"My brother too. I can't believe you're a half-witch that he knew and didn't say anything to anyone!" He comments shaking his head.

I sigh and close my eyes. My head is spinning again.

"Let me bring you to your room. Asher will kill me if something happens to you." He says carrying me toward the pack's house.
***********
"Mommy, what's a mate?" I ask.

"A mate is your other half. He is the one made for you." She replies.
"Do we all have one?"
"Of course we do."
"Even me?" I ask with hope.
"Of cour-" She starts to reply but daddy cuts her.
"No, you don't. You are destined to something else."
"But I want a mate!" I protest.
"Well, you should pray to never meet him. And if you do and if he's not stupid, he will reject you. And if he doesn't, he will die." Daddy details.
"Bill! She is only 4." Mommy reprimands.
"And we both know she will not mate her mate so stop putting bullshit in her head!" Daddy replies not looking happy.

Someone is shaking me, waking me up.
"Ash, you're back! What time is it?" I say hugging him.
"It's 2:00 am. And I'm checking on you. How is your head?"
"Fine." I groan and he smiles. A smile that doesn't reach his eyes.
"I'm so sorry Ash. You are losing everything and not only I can't help you but it's also my fault."
"It's not. Mariana is just a spoiled brat. Acting as she did... I mean she made her own bed. I know she's jealous of our friendship but first, it's only a friendship and secondly, she had the worst way to react at the problem. How could she? She went after my own brother knowing it will destroy our relationship!"
"So you know, he didn't know."
He nods: "I know him. I would have never done that in purpose but my wolf is still out of control and doesn't want to hear it. I need time. I can smell him here and on you."
"Yeah, he checked on me every hour, saying you would kill him this time, if something would happen to me."
"Good. Sorry I was not here."
"I'm the one who is sorry. I run after you, I was just so super slow and tired."
"Don't be, I know."
"Selina called by the way. They felt your distress and fury. I told them you had a big fight and you will call them back tomorrow. They were ready to come but I'm too tired to explain Alpha Elijah how we know them."
"I will, thanks it would have been to difficult to explain that to them and I don't know if I want people to know that we are friends with our future queen."
"Agree! How do you feel?"
"Sad, hurt, betray... And relief too. Now I can move on. "
I nod.
"Are you tired?" He adds a few minutes later.
I shake my head, not a good idea as it's spinning again now.
I breathe slowly: "Speak to me, distract me, please."
"What were you dreaming about? You were whispering in your sleep."
"It was a memory with my parents."
"You never spoke about them? How were they?"

"Normal, I guess."
"You lost them young so you don't have a lot of memories of them."
"Actually I do but they are all tainted by what they did."
"What did they do, exactly?"
"They made me for power and destined me for a life without happiness nor mate."
"We all have a mate, they can't go against the Moon Goddess."
"Well, they did and now I could never be with my mate."
"So Ezra is your mate!"
"No, he is not!"
"Stop Lying!" He says raising his voice, his wolf still on edge.
"Don't you get it. He's not my mate because I can't have one!" I reply raising my voice too.

"You know if only you would let me in and tell me everything, I could help you. I know I could."
This is the thing, nobody can't!

"I'm tired and not feeling well. I should sleep a little more. Night Ash." I say turning my back to him and shifting off the light.

He sighs: " See you in an hour."

Right, fucking concussion!