Chapter 26

(Her)

I can't believe him! How dare him? I don't know how he did it but I know it's all his fault. I was doing my homework in my room not asking anything to anyone, then suddenly I felt some kind of tingling all over my face and my body and the spell hiding my real appearance was just gone! I'm now in Selina and Tom's house, explaining to Noah and Lina the situation and they both look amused by the situation.

"So the spell broke and the first thing you did was to go yell at Erza?" Noah asks smiling.

"After hiding myself behind that cloth, yes." I shrug.

"It was the most important thing to do right after?" He says smirking now and this so annoying.

"It's all his fault!" I justify myself and they both laugh.

"Why did I come here, again?" I mutter to myself.

"I would say because we are close and you trust us but seeing your face right now, I don't think it's the right reason. So my guess is you came for Noah's help. Which I don't understand because you're powerful enough to change your own appearance." Selina replies to my rhetorical question.

"Not for months. If you want your new appearance to be stable for months you can't do it on your own." Noah explains to her.

He adds looking at me:" You know only true love can see through the spell and broke it."

I scoff:" Well, only his wolf's love!"

"How can you be so blind this boy loves you! It's so obvious. Don't you see how he looks at you?" Selina says.

I shrug: "The only thing I see is a boy who is not able to make a logical sentence in front of me. His wolf meets me every day but his human side doesn't like me! Or he has the weirdest way of showing it. Come on who is acting like that when he "loves" his mate." I put air quotes on the word loves.

"He will do everything for you. Anything!" She keeps going.

"I don't think so!" I deny.

She sighs:" I don't know what you need. For him to sing it in front of all the pack?!"

"Whatever! I can't have a mate anyway. If only he could convince his wolf to let him reject me."

She shakes her head and whispers: "The Alpha's mark."

After a moment of silence, she adds: "It's not going to happen. You know he could be the key to your freedom."

"At what cost? His life! I will not allow it! Never! I'm not worth it!" I yell.

"Have a little faith in your mate, please!" Selina begs.

"it's not about faith, it's about him having a happy life."

"I don't think he will have one if you're not in... And what about you? You deserve your happy ending."

"I was not born for that. Nobody can't fight my destiny. Even you because if you could you would have already done something about it."

"I didn't do anything yet because it's too dangerous for you. And if you want him to be happy without you, why did you haven't rejected him yet?" She replies annoyed.

"Because I can't! I'm not strong enough to do it! It always has been him! Since I met him, I knew there was something about him. Even if he was annoying and pissing me off all the time as he still does, deep down I know there is something special about him."

"Then let him save you! Let him in." She says pointing to my heart.

"That's impossible!"

"Urg! You're so stubborn!" She groans.

"Not everybody has been born with a silver spoon in their mouth in the middle of a fairytale. Not everyone has an easy life like your princess!"

"So it's how you're seeing me!" Selina says pissed.

Noah clears in throat: " Everyone calms down. This discussion ends now before one of you says another thing she will regret later. You came for my help, let's see what we can do about your appearance's problem."

"I'm going for a run, I will be back in half an hour." Selina says, kissing Noah before leaving.

Once she left, Noah looks at me with disapproval: " I know she was pushing you but seriously! You have seen with your own eyes she doesn't have an easy life. She has a golden heart and only wants the best for you."

I sigh pitching my nose: " I know and I'm sorry. It's just a touchy subject for me."

He sighs too: " I know... Let go back to work on recreating your fake appearance."

We are working on a potion to reinforce the spell and avoid that Ezra's wolf breaks the spell another. It has been more than half an hour ago and Selina is still not back. I should have really pissed her off.

"I have one favor to ask you before we're doing the spell. I would like to see the real you." Noah tells me.

"Okay..." I reply smelling the potion

"That smells so bad! Do I have to really drink it?" I say moving my nose.

"It depends on how long you want the spell to work. With this potion, you will be the one who can break it. But it does smell like shit." Noah replies.

I nod before to say:" Hey, I wanted to thank you for helping me and teaching me. I know you have duties so I'm grateful for the time you're spending with me."

"Don't thank me. I will do anything for family, lil'cous." I say smiling and caressing my cheek with his hand.

"How are they? You know my f-" I start to ask him but he cuts me.

"Later we are not alone."

On that clue, I hear people entering the house without knocking. They are 4 and hopefully, Selina is with them. That would explain why they didn't knock. Actually, it's Ash, Clint, Logan, and Ezra.

"We were worried about you, Lana. Are you okay?" Ash asks me when they join us in the living room.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask him instead of answering him.

"We met Lina. She explains to us the situation." He explains.

"Where is she? I need to speak to her."

"She is outside speaking with Tom."

Noah rolls his eyes and sighs: " Of course, she is speaking with him. I will be back in a few minutes."

"Are you really going to fake your appearance again?" Clint asks me.

"I have to. I'm really recognizable in my real appearance. Everybody who knows my family or him will know." I reply.

"Too bad. I really wished to see what you really look like." Logan comments.

"Me too." Erza says looking at his foot. So he is able to do a complete sentence in front of me when it's only two words without a verb"Let us see you one time before you do the spell please?" Ash begs.

"Yes pretty please!" Logan adds, joining the palms of two hands together.

"Fine but we're waiting for Noah and Lina." I concede.

"Yes!" Logan says.

"No need to wait more longer we're here!"Noah says in my back.

"Lina, I'm sorry. I should have said what I said." I say.

"I know. No worries. Now let us see you!" She replies smiling.

I take out my Burka and I close my eyes. I hear a few gasps, a wolf-whistling, and a growl. When I open my eyes, Noah and Selina are looking at me in awe, Ash, Clint, and Logan are looking at their feet and Ezra looks angry, his eyes all black.

"Hide it now!" He orders.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Everything! Change now!" I reply.

"You're such an ass!" I tell him before running away, hurt by his comment.