Chapter 13

(Him)

"Hey bro, how is Mari?" I ask Logan when I see him in the training room.

"Hey, bad I never see her like that. She is just inconsolable."

"Yeah, I guess she never excepted for him to reject her. I mean she denied him but she never has rejected him. So in a way, she was still waiting to mate with him. I still can't believe he rejected her!" I say shaking my head.

"Don't be so surprised. I mean what was she expecting with making out with Clint."

I nod:" I don't know how I would react if I was seeing my mate making out with my brother."

"Our brother is 5 so it would be really weird if mate was making out with him." My wolf comments.

"Elliot is 5. So if it happens that either your mate is a pervert or you have a super young mate." Logan teases me.

"Ah, ah! You're the only one I know who will joke in this situation." I reply.

" I never miss an occasion like that no matter what the context is. But I know what you mean. I think I would have killed Clint if I was in Asher shoes."

"Yeah... Now she has to reject him too."

He shakes his head: "she refused. She wants to find a way to fix it."

"Is she crazy?"

"I know. My parents tried to explain to her what will happen to her, but she refused to listen. She is so stubborn!"

I nod that she is. You see there is no second chance with mates. You have only one destined to you and nothing more. You can mate with someone who is not your true mate but the bond will not be as strong. Rejected your mate doesn't mean you cut the bond but it becomes dormant on your side. If you were rejected and don't reject your mate back. You will feel a great emptiness, so great that after a few weeks it becomes physically painful. Generally, the mate who rejected but doesn't reject his/her mate finishes by killing him/herself. He/She will feel the worst pain you can feel if his/her mate marks someone else.

Us, werewolves, can mark who we want, destined mate or chosen mate. But if you can remark your true mate, if he/she was marked by another werewolf, you can't overpower a true mate's mark. Except if your true mate is dead you can't be marked by someone else. Actually, it's not totally true. I was like that until the Lycans reappear. Lycans don't have destined mate and they can choose who they will be their mate. Don't ask me why because I was not a good student in History and Mythology of Lycanthrope kind.

"She could die!" I comment.

"I know but she is certain that Asher will not let her die. I really hope she is right. My parents and I are so worried about her."

"I hope too. I cross my fingers."

"Yeah, me too. Let start training, I really need to change my mind and I know this will help."

It has been a few days since Mari's rejection and the situation is not better if not even worst. Mari is crying every day and Asher is only speaking with Lana, he's even ignoring his family. I asked my father why he didn't order him to discuss with them, he explained to me that you could feel through the pack's bond that Asher was ready to leave the pack. And if the discussion was ending back, he was scared that it will definitely leave. The pack bond is the bond that united all the pack's members. Every pack member can feel it but the more you have a high position in the pack more you're connected and the more you're feeling the other pack's members. When he's focusing on one member, the Alpha can know how deep is his/her connection with the pack. This is how my father knows for Asher.