Chapter 22

(Her)

Training with Noah is going well. He was surprised by my knowledge but I don't see why when he's teaching me so much. We didn't speak about our blood link since that day at the hospital but I'm dying to know more about my family, my brothers precisely. I need to find the courage to ask him about them.

Tom and Emily spent two days with us before leaving for some holidays. They want to enjoy some time alone before the baby is coming. They know the sex but want to keep it as a surprise. Lina and I were hoping they would accidentally reveal it but nope. Or at least not yet. Selina and Noah are not staying in the packhouse anymore but they are staying at Selina and Tom's house. They bought it while Selina was in trouble and it's only 25 miles away from the packhouse, with is nothing for Lycans and even less for a witch. They left the packhouse because they like their privacy and also because the pack's members were not comfortable around them. If only they knew Selina is their future queen. I would have driven Selina crazy to see them bowing their heads every time they see her. It would have been fun.

As for Ezra, I don't know what to think... obviously his wolf likes me but I can't say the same for his human side. Most of the time he's avoiding me and when we meet each other he is not able the form a full sentence. My theory is he wants to reject me but his wolf is fighting him. That would explain why he's so incoherent when he tried to talk to me. Anyway, until he decides to reject me, I love spending time with his wolf. I will enjoy it until it lasts. Every second! I know we have no future but it's so sweet to spend time with him. I like him... I like him a lot, both of them. I love playing with his wolf and for the first time in my life, I'm missing not be able to shift into my wolf. I know how his wolf is dying to see her and I wish I could giving him that gift, meeting my wolf but the day I'm doing it will be my last day here. My last day of freedom...

Elliot is also a sweetheart and I'm still spending time every day with him. I took pretty back that I'm Ezra's mate as he is afraid that he would take me away from him. If only he knew that Ezra will be not the one taking me away... Until I'm free, I will spend time with him. With my training, University I don't have much time and for now, Ash is giving dancing class alone. Sometimes Selina is helping him while I'm training with Noah.

It's almost 5:00 so I decide to walk until the mirror lake. It's our meeting point with Ezra's wolf. I miss him and I really hope to see him today because I miss him. I saw him yesterday but I'm addicted to him. I stop in my track when I see someone at †he mirror lake and it's not who I'm expecting. I'm wary because the last time we met together it didn't end well.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was hoping you will come. Ezra is in a meeting for another half hour. So I knew I will have time alone with you." Mariana replies.

"I have nothing to say to you!" I say still wary.

"And I have things to tell you. I just want you to listen to me."

"Fine, I will listen but one wrong move, and I sent you flying away. Are we clear? I'm not weak."

"Crystal clear and I know you're not weak. You literally saved our pack a couple of weeks ago, you were ready to give up your life for us. This was pretty heroic... and stupid. Do you even think about Asher or Ezra? How they would have been devastated by your death?!"

"Go fuck yourself, Mariana! If you only have to say this I don't want to listen to you. They would have lost their parents, one of them or both, of course, I was thinking about them!" I scowl.

"Sorry. You're right. This is not why I'm here. I came here to apologize to you. I have been a bitch with you for years and you didn't do anything to me. I know I need to work to win your forgiveness but I want to prove to you that I'm changing. I'm working on becoming better for me."

"And for Asher. You're trying to get him through me." I reply, suspicious.

"Of course, I do! I love him!"

"You have a weird way to show it!" I comment skeptical.

"Do you ever realize that I was already a bitch to you even before I knew Asher was my mate? Asher has been my dream man for years. As far as I can remember I have a crush on him. But he only saw me as his little sister's best friend. And when you arrived he started to follow you everywhere. You became his world while I always dreamed to become that to him. I'm so jealous of you! I was so scared that you were his mate and then I became furious because even knowing I was his mate, he keeps you as your priority. I was still invisible!"

"I'm sorry I never knew you felt like that."

"I know the two of you were in your own world. Both obvious of what was going on around you. I know it's not an excuse for my behavior but-"

"It's an explanation. Why did you just seduce him and push to pass more time with you and less with me?" I cut her nodding.

She chuckles: "Ezra told me the same thing. And now that I think about it I don't even understand how I couldn't think about it. I guess be hurt make me stupid... I just know I can't give up on him. And the first step for that is to recognize my mistakes and apologize for them."

"I don't know if we can be friends with time but I forgive you." I tell her.

She sighs relieved: "Thank you! You will not regret it I swear."

"I hope and good luck with Asher. I don't know if you can fix it but I will pray for you."

"I need to believe I can. It's my only reason to live."

"I should go before Ezra sees me and imagines the worst." She adds after a few minutes of silence.

"Okay, bye Mariana."

"Mari, you can call me Mari. Bye Lana."

She starts to walk but after a few steps she stops and turns back: " Ezra is a great guy and he will be a great mate, so let him a chance. You will not regret it."

I nod. I wish I could....