loyalties Lie

She led me into a small medical room that smelled like bitter medicine jars and plants that were so dry I could snap off a leaf and crumple it to dust without burning it. She had me sit down on the table and solemnly opened up the desk and pulled out needles and bandages.

It was bound to happen eventually my first stitch, I'd never gotten hurt enough to need one before but keeping my arm like this was getting me to know where. I dissociated from everything and stared off into the wall running over the events, I shouldn't have done that and caused a scene. I should have drinken water before working out father has told me that before.

Kumara came back and rubbed some achohol on a cloth " this might hurt a bit or a lot" she patted it down on my scar and I didn't flinch from my spot. She rubbed off the poorly formed scabbing and squinted at it. " well it's definitely infected, that's probably why you passed out" she put her hand over my head and I flinched startling her to I didn't try to I just reacted.

She frowned " I'm just checking your temperature to see if you have a fever" I relaxed my shoulders and she put her hand over my head and sighed. " well your definitely warm, why didn't you tell me you were sick" I stared at wooden floor and couldn't find and answer to give her.

" I'm not gonna press you anymore seeing you've been through a lot today, but we can't have this happen again, now I need to go patch things up with your father" She took the needle and poked it into my arm and I stared at her face to distract myself from the burning pain she had a small scar over her right eye that made me wonder how she would received it.

" why"
She snapped her head forward surprised by my voice and then look back down at her work pulling at the string.
" Why what"
" You said you hated my father and yet your working with him And need to be on his good side, you said you were going to kill him yet your putting effort to keep him alive you said you were going to kill me but changed your mind how do I know you won't change it again after we've helped you"
" I shouldn't be surprised the royal family raised you to be inquisitive as you are paranoid,
I'll tell you if it eases your worries the reason I changed my mind about your father Is because I realized he's are only map inside the palace he knows all the secret hallways it's going to be essential to taking out your brother. there's also the benefit of he makes your family nervous just seeing his face makes your brother throw away his rational thoughts.
besides I'm not actually going to give him the throne back he's old and crazy I just tell him what he needs to hear"

" And what about me you want my family dead yet Your keeping me alive, why?"
She cut the string and pulled it gently to tighten the stitch. " You're smart and you make your brother emotional and wreck less you know how everyone in that palace works and your the one person I don't think they'd be able to kill, plus like I said you remind me of myself and I like how you think"

She pulled out the bandages and wrapped it around my arm which stung slightly but felt much better then before. " Azula?" She looked into my eyes with a seriousness That made my blood run cold " you will kill your brother when I ask you to, are you ready for that" I hesitated and stared back at her " I tried to kill him before this time I'll succeed" " good and I'll take your mother and half sister and together with are army your uncle"

" it won't be that easy, I've underestimated him before he's not just a foolish old man there's a reason he's call the Dragon of the West. "Which is exactly why we've made a plan to destroy him I'll allow you in our meeting once you feel better"

This is good if she's trusting me enough into the room then at least I can have her believe I'm loyal to the cause.

" what are you thinking about Princess "
She pulled at the string of my stinchings and cut it with a pair of scissors locking eyes with me. " you're starting to creep me out with the amount of time you spend stuck in that head of yours"

" I guess I just feel a little guilty leaving my old group behind"
" don't, those kids are better off out of this mess anyway people like us drag people like them down there not willing to get there hands dirty for change"
" still she was nice to me nicer then most have been to me in a while"
She put her hand on my shoulder and stared me down it caught me off guard her switch in attitude so I tugged my arm away from her. " I won't have any weak soldiers here this is life or death I need to know you won't betray me for those children when I'm counting on you, Can I trust you"

" Yes... on my family name you have my loyalty"

sorry it's been a while since I've posted I got in a bit of a slump and school comes first for me but I'll be posting more now that I'm on break.