Choices

Happy Thanksgiving Readers and if you don't celebrate happy day you're alive and go drink some water. I hope anyone who's hopefully socially distancing that is speaking to faimly on this holiday dosen't have as much as an awful faimly life as these guys do:)
and shameless plug I post fanart on Instagram if you wanna follow me there @sqibbleblob have a nice day this is a longer chapter

Azula POV

When we entered the garden of lost souls it was exactly as I remembered it misty and colder then anywhere else in the fire nation.

The smell of wet stone and grass while grass blades grazed  my legs as I crouched down behind a tree that had a good view of the entrance

How would this all play out, I've never been good at interacting with others without them getting upset or them not listening to me, but I can't just go up to him mid funeral and say
" Hey sorry I'm not dead but their are people here to kill us and I know you don't trust me but please don't throw me in prison again"

These people theirs probably more of them if they're planning on taking over the fire nation Zuko isn't prepared for this. 

We waited and much sooner then expected my mother ran in with a little girl pulled over her shoulder.

I had expected a harp and a flute to play while my relatives walked through that gate with the rest of his freinds , Maybe say a few cheap words and that would be that

But they were silent and there was no music.
I leaned in closer their was not sight of Zuko yet.

Most people don't get to witness there own funeral I can't say I haven't imagined what it would look like.
I thought if I had died like  when Lu ten did would my father cry? Mourn as much as my uncle did for his son, Probably not but I could imagine.

I pictured Tylee crying as usual Mai standing quiet and perfect  and my brother struggling to say nice things as they ignored my failures and chose only to speak of how sweet I was as a child.

Maybe my mother would find a way to be there and just like when Lu ten died they'd eat and drink and tell stories but fail to actually care about me.

Uncle never burned down bea sing sai and I doubt anyones working to hunt down those assassins other then me.

Then again Lu ten was more likeable.

I wasn't expecting my mother And Kiyi to come running in with Uncle trailing behind as gaurds watched over them weapons ready.

No orchestra and flowers no urn to burry just those three idiot's walking around like there was something else they'd rather be doing.

No music no speeches just my mother trying to hush her new daughter, and that's I realized something was going on I could read it on there faces they could hide they're fear from Kiyi but not from me.

Mothers hands even from this far away I could see them shaking as she combed through her hair with her fingers, she did that whenever Zuko got sick.

Kumara poked me twice and slipped behind the same tree that I laid against strategizing our next move.

" What do we do your brother isn't here doesn't this ruin the plan"

My mother was pacing back and forth in a panic as Kiyi pulled on her robe trying to get her attention. She of course swooped her up in her arms and continued to pace the field.

" Something must have happened the assassins must have attacked earlier then I anticipated"

" Do you think he's ... Alive"
She said it as if thinking he died would upset me.