Options

Azula POV

The palace is quiet as people run by trying not to stumble over there feet and drop the expensive plates and table's

the tension in the air seems to be back to normal no more chatter and laughing just servants keeping there heads down and getting things done.

Kumara helps me lower the sculpture and nobody seems to point us out. My hands were getting cold gribbing onto the ice so I was grateful nobody made us hold it for any longer. they straightened the table cloth and passed out plates and gossiped quietly about my brother.

" I heard he had a fight with the avatar, I heard he yelled at him and broke a table"

" Really? that doesn't sound like him but I don't blame his majesty after all that's happened"

I'm not going to take palace rumors to seriously sure Zuko was emotional but he was always obnoxiously sweet to his friends as much as I would have loved to see that happen.

Pokku had to slap Zulons hand away from grabbing a dumpling from off the table.

" Stop eating we don't want any eyes on us "

I saw him before he saw me the palace physician he had watched me grow up I had monthly check ups with him, he would definitely recognize me

He looked tired old but that wasn't new he was old when I met him. I can't imagine why he'd be here when he didn't have to only nobles and royalty were really obligated to be here.

I slipped behind Zulons back and tugged Kumara to my side

" I need a disguise theres no way I won't be recognized some of the people here have known me since infancy"

" I geuss that makes since I doubt a hair cut will stop your faimly from finding out your alive"

She glanced to the ballroom a few halls down and pulled my arm with her leaving Pokku and Zulon to stand there in the dineing room akwardly

I don't like people pulling me places but when she grabbed my hand I didn't feel the need to complain.

We crossed the hall while I kept my head ducked and covered by my hair I caught some eyes probably wondering why a girl covering her face was scurrying in the palace halls.

The arts room was just as I remembered the cold floor and colorful walls you couldn't help stair at its beauty.
I never was much of a physical artist don't get me wrong I was extremely talented but once grandfather said I would be heir to the throne he cut all feminine classes out of my schedule.

Some of those classes I was delighted to be over with social etiquette and society classes were such a waste. You basically sat in a room while an old man slapped my knuckles with a rod when I slouched or spilled some tea.

But I admit I did miss painting,Mother once hung one of my paintings of a pond on the wall and I immediately began creating as much works of art as I could.

But theater that was my favorite it was were I bloomed I loved putting on a mask and diveing into the grand worlds of dragons and duels.

Sadly most female roles were the love interest but they didn't bother arguing to much with me when I said I wanted the lead.

I was disappointed when I couldn't go to thoses classes anymore I didn't miss tea and sitting straight but it was better then the brutal military classes.

We got closer to the stage and I looked at the stunning actress who played the dragon empress she spoke with such Candor and love she made you feel like maybe soul mates could exist.