Another choice

Azula POV

It's been two months since I've started living with the extinguishers. it wasn't easy at first trusting people who had months prior plotted to murder me and my entire family, but with time I felt it less likely for them to kill me in my sleep. Father and I are doing well enough I apologized for making a scene in the training room and luckily he forgave me quickly only having me do two hundred pushups to make up for it. He didn't watch just trusted I would do it on my own time which I did.

I'm proud to say my muscles have grown back nicely not exactly perfect but I guess I can't expect to return to my former glory in only two months. The people here are nice enough most don't go out of their way to speak with me not that I want to. I can tell some weren't on bored with keeping me around, but I'd like to see them try anything now that my fires back.

I haven't told father about this I don't think I have to he can see how shakey my form is, my flames feel weaker I can't explain it they just feel different, one afternoon I had been training and I practiced my lightning but just as I pulled in the energy together I felt completely unbalanced as if the electricity would slip through my fingers.

It's dangerous if you can't keep control of its movement I was terrified I'd loose control right there from the slip of my hand but I redirected it across the room scaring the daylights out of a random passerby.

my fire is less focussed I've never had to search for a reason to be angry before of course, I have plenty of options to choose from it's not that it just feels like I'm doing something wrong with every punch I throw. It's been getting worse and worse for the last week my training hours end early

I told my father that the reason Mirai was keeping him alive was because of his knowledge of the palaces secret passageways And we decided against telling her that I knew my way around those halls like the back of my hand. She clearly wants him dead and I'm not going to give her an excuse to kill him just so she can use me.

The meetings I've been to are nothing compared to the war rooms I've contributed in,
but I but I admit their strategy isn't horrible it could work and it will work if I'm on their side.

I finished breakfast which was just porridge and eggs and walked around the eating area I've had to eat by myself mostly because everyone else except Mirai avoids me like a plague. I put down my plate and went back to fathers cell they hadn't agreed to let him roam the halls since our fight. I feel bad for ruining whatever progress he had made before I came here.

Nobody else was in the other cells and they gave father a room all the way at the end of the hall I don't blame them if he was my enemy I'd be precautious. I heard a rat scurry around my feet as I walked in, he's  probably not too happy being stuck down here at least before he was in the fire nations prison that didn't smell of dust mites.
He looked up at me and pushed his dish aside, Only rice and some small fish bones remained.

" What did you learn last night at the meeting"

I sat down on my knees and pulled out some paper Mirai had given me so I could look through her strategy"

While I was in Ba Sing Sai I  made my way around the earth kings palace and studied his office nothing too important caught my eye at the time but I did get a good look at the earth kings crest he used for all his important messages so I drew it down and we made a copy. Early in the morning, we send a false message to the palace claiming there's been an earthquake of disastrous proportions in Ba sing Sai cracking the wall with many injured and in need of help from the avatar and his friends which will hopefully get the avatar and his bunch out of the palace. My military falcon is still trained to follow my orders and he just so happens to be under Zuko's control now. I give him the note and my brother will stay behind to prepare to send troops in for supplies.