Liar

We ran and skipped until our sides hurt from laughing bursting out of us like fireworks so loud mother had to hush us and remind our hyper energy to quiet down.

In that moment we were the only kids in the world it felt so good to be apart of this group when I spoke they listened they laughed at my jokes

We rolled on the grass and finally stopped moving so we could catch are breaths heaving like the air was heavy on us.
We laid with are backs flat on the dirt and grass the sun hitting my eyes as I let out my remaining giggles. when I turned my neck I would see the others doing the same, out of breath but only gathering strength to play.

This feeling nagged at me  from the corner of my head but I didn't want to focus on it a voice tells me not to and I trust it.

Just as are group of six relaxed to drink by the water fountain my favorite cousin showed up.

he leaned down so I could give him a hug.
" How's my favorite hot headed cousin"

I punched him in the arm slightly and
He tilted his head a little to the left as if he felt nothing at all he looked different but I couldn't put my finger on it his face looked the same but his eyes I couldn't focus on them they were almost blurry he tilted his head in confusion and gave me a wonky smile to try and make me laugh

" why are your crying on your birthday it's just me"

I felt the water on my cheeks and wiped them away " I'm not sure, that's weird"

He pulled something out of his back pocket it was a rectangular box with a bright red bows for pretty cream wrapping paper.
" Thought I'd sneak you your first gift so you don't have to open it in front of the whole party"

I snatched the box and ripped the ribbon away knowing Lu ten wouldn't have gotten me a doll or a necklace.

Inside was a small silver dagger with strength written on the blade a black hilt with ingrained vines growing up the handle it was just my size perfect for my hand , not to heavy.

" Thank you! Thank you Thank you It's awesome"

" anything for my favorite fire cracker on her birthday"

He lifted me up and spun me around until I was dizzy, when he sat me down on the grass He watched as I laughed at myself trying to collect my balance
He let me grab his arm so the world would stop spinning.

" I missed you where have you been"

" Ba sing Sai with my father he's been waiting to check out the tea competition for a while, but personally I just think he wanted a vacation"

Zuko jumped into his arms for a hug and started climbing onto his shoulders we have to chase them!

Lu ten stood up grabbing Zukos legs and growled like a tiger monkey " you are no match for me children"

Everyone loved Lu ten he was kind and funny and made the palace feel safe at least when he was here he often wasn't

I retracted my thoughts the palace is safe why wouldn't it be

my head started to hurt a little and that's when mother tapped me on the shoulder.

" it's time to get ready for your party"
I puzzled and spun around trying to figure out what she meant
" what do you mean what party "

" For your birthday silly why else "
" but it's not my birthday you said I turned 9 a while ago is this a joke"

My head pounded and i had to lean against her for support so I wouldn't fall
" Mom I don't feel well"