Getting in

That morning we go through another briefing of the plan to make sure everyone knows there steps. Next month one of them will come to the palace warning me of the attack so I can prepare.

They helped pack some things into a bag it wasn't a lot, I needed to look like I got away on the skins of my teeth after all.

They helped me put dirt on my face a young women held a small knife and nervously showed it to me.

" it would be more realistic if you had a few cuts"

I took the knife from her and sliced quickly at my arms and across my cheek being careful not to cut to deep And leave permanent scars It felt familiar I hated that it made me feel a little better for a moment.

Mirai handed me a map and the kings crest which I tucked into my back pocket

She looked awful with bags under her eyes and sweat on her forehead.

" make Sure to burn the map when you get there so they can't ask you to trace them back here"

" i know I'm not stupid "

" I never said you were, you should eat those when your half way there so your not walking with a fever"

" Good to know, now should I be leaving or are we dragging out this goodbye "

She smirked and rustled up my hair which I did not like at all so I pulled her hand away

" just making sure you look awful"

" you'd be the expert on that"
" ouch so cruel for parting words "

She walked with me to the doors and two water benders followed us from behind I lit a small flame to light the way

When we finally made it to the exit and the water benders slowly opens the door for us my eyes squinted as I tried adjusting to actual sun light.

" No wonder you're all so creepy you never see the sun your like a bunch of spider bats."

" I like the dark it feels safe"

We stared at each other it felt weird leaving this place after such a long time it was far from cozy but it had been the longest time I'd spent my days in one area that I hadn't been forced to staying in well at least not with cuffs.

She gave me a quick hug that caught me by surprise but I didn't shove her off she probably really needed it

" Best of luck princess and just to be clear we have your father so don't go playing any games with us"

" Me? Never who do you think your talking to I'm a princess I'm always true to my word"

She laughed and Waved me good bye as I followed the River back to the walls of the fire nation.

-

I kicked the rocks into the water watching them scare a few bugs at the top away.
It was weird being outside by myself this must be the first time I've been alone and free since...

Maybe when we were hunting the avatar I could always get Mai and Tylee to leave me alone for an hour or two.

Doesn't matter it's quiet now and I have the rest of the day to myself although I should've move with haste Mirai said she had informants on the inside that would alert her when I arrived.

I wonder how this will play out a betrayal apon betrayal I'm a spectacular liar I've just never done it to this extent and with such consequences.

And as much as I hate acting frail it may be my only way into the palace if they think I'm to weak to be a danger less eyes will be on me but if my brothers learned anything he'll still have half the royal guard watching my every move.

i wonder if mother's alive still for all I know she choirs be dead, probably not I have her the cure for the poison she's just being dramatic everyone else recovered why is she taking her time.

I touched the cut on my cheek and looked at the reflection in the water mission accomplished I looked horrible.

Just a few more miles and I'll be home the wall of the inner city are in the distance I aneed to be careful a guard doesn't spot me lurking around.

I pulled at the pouch of mushrooms and threw one down it tasted like old kimchi and wet grass I forced a gag down and looked at the rest of the small pouch.

A small note was at the bottom

" sorry a little stronger then you thought "

" what the hell does that supposed to mean the mushrooms looked the same I felt my stomach grumble and I tried throwing up the contents behind a tree but the more I tried the more light headed I felt

" Miss are you okay"

i felt shaky like someone was holding me on a cutting-bored and tilting it side to side. I looked in the direction of the voice but I couldn't see anyone.

I touched my forehead and it was drenched with more sweat then I released " that dirty liar poisoned me, and I took it on purpose I'm an idiot"

My eyes started watering they wouldn't stop and that was when I felt a hand touch my cheek and I noticed I was laying on the ground.

Sorry this took forever my bad but this was  a pain to get through for some reason