Adjusting

Azula

We walked in akward silence down the corridor the only sounds being are footsteps and the flickering blue fire in my hand.
Every few minutes a drop of water would fall on my face from the ceiling sending a wave of chills all over me.

the deeper into the cave we went the more anxious I was. I don't feel safe here it feels like something dosen't want me here and is trying with all it's force to push me out. Luckily I like a challenge

Shoku looked back at me and slowed down so he was next to me

" If you're feeling anxious it's probably the spirits angry at us fire bending, after all they'd been through it's not surprising there ghosts show some animosity towards us"

" That's good to know, why would you even stay here then?"

" Because If they could stand years of are peoples abuse I can stand feeling a little anxious, I'm trying to help them"

" Why would they ever forgive us we did awful things to them"

" They don't have to forgive us"

" if admitting that we were wrong and doing everything we can to help them heal and stop it from ever happening again lets them move on then it's all worth it"

wow...I really didn't like this guy everything about him screamed I think I'm poetic and mysterious when really I'm as boring as dust on a window

" We didn't do anything wrong we were just trying to spread are greatness and they got in the way"

" They fear us because are nation chose power over the people they don't admire us there scared of us "

" Same thing fear and admiration how can anyone think highly of you and respect you if they dont fear you"

Tulok spun around so he was walking backwards and decided he was going to insert himself into the conversation

" Is that really how you see things? really princess you are so brainwashed"

" You guys are one to judge if I remember correctly you were all minutes away from killing children"

" We're doing what we have to do your just to naive to see what's at risk, keeping your family alive after all it's caused was a horrible decision"

Mirai glanced from behind her shoulder at us

" I'm impressed you got Shoku to speak this much even if it was just trying to wash all that propaganda out of your head"

I huffed and lead my own way down the cave I could tell we were getiing closer when I felt the warmth of a fire and the smell of food.

we turned a sharp corner and finally we made it to the end of cave that opened up into an enormous pocket cavern. This room was a cave with some modifications here and there lanterns hanging from the sharp pointy rocks in the ceiling.

People walked around in this space as if it was a school cafeteria carrying baskets and talking not even noticing us come in. I saw across the room more passageways.

They dressed modestly but thats a nice way of explaining it. They all had weapons on there person small knives or spears strapped to there waists or backs.

We caught some eyes and unfortunately it seems all of these cult members are emotional to because as soon as they caught a glimpse of us at the entrance way.

They all ran to us in swarms not to me of course but to the assassins who were met with praise and hugs the room was filled with people from all nations mostly earth kingdom and fire nation celebrating and chanting.