Gone

ZUKOS POV

The palace is Quiet The only sounds are the rain pattering against the roof.
My back hurts slunched over my desk not even stretching it out would relieve the tension. The day had barely started but I was already exhausted. Being the firelord was not a easy or as grand as people suggested.

It was raining really hard outside I could here the loud crack of thunder above me making getting work done extremely difficult.

I had advisors and assistants of course to help me make decisions and it helped that the avatar was one of my best freinds who was kind enough to help me through hard ones.

We haven't spoken in a few weeks not sense we took away Azulas bending. I could tell Aang really didn't want to do it, wich left me mulling over my choice for nights on end.

The way they detained her was hard to watch the gold in her eyes looked crazed and chaotic. The way she tryed holding herself with respect even with her arms wrapped in a straight jacket and her hair in her face.

I didn't like that this is what it came to. I shouldn't have yelled at her like that but I lost my temper and the anger fueled my words that I didn't mean.

I want to help her but I sometimes fear she's to far gone that my father has sunk his claws into her entire being, and it's impossible for her to change.

Still I can't get the look on her face out of my head right before we took away her bending thinking that I would have ordered to have her killed. She looked terrified and to exhausted to fight it. I've never seen Azula give up on anything.

Then the moment she realized what he'd taken she acted as if she would have been better off if we killed her. She needs help more help then I did but I can't blame her to much for that. I wanted to change I earned my redemption. I only fear she might be to much like father to be saved.

I'm angry that no matter how much support and trust and chances I give her she keeps makeing the same horrible choices. I geuss this is what Uncle felt with me.

I stacked up my papers and finished signing the last document declaring a law that will be sent to the school board allowing more freedom in the classroom.

I stepped out of the office surprised that Kiyi and her freinds had already left probably to cause more chaos in the palace.

The servants walked by me smiled and gave short bows. I never liked how scared they were of me growing up, feared I'd tell father of any mistake they made. Little did they know he probably would have rewarded them for makeing my life harder.

I've been working to make the palace a more peaceful home then before no more putting on a mask in my own home in fear of being burned or banished for small mistakes.

It warms my heart to see Kiyi growing up here and makeing happy memories in a place I thought would be tarnished by years of abuse.

My freinds had planned to come to the palace today but I'm not sure anymore seeing the storm as it is now. I don't see Appa wanting to fly in this weather.

It was raining hard and the air felt humid while the droplets fell over the garden filling up the pond makeing the turtle ducks retreat back to the small nests we made for them under a tree.

I stepped into the outdoor walk way the air felt good after being cramped inside my office for hours. Mai was with her parents for the week I wanted to come but she insisted otherwise.

I saw mother watching the rain from the other side of the garden you could so often see her doing. I kept her up to date on Azula's condition

apparently She's been in a slightly happier mood after closeing herself off from everything for weeks, Mother had planned to send some food over when she read about her depression getting the best of her. But hearing that she's agreed to go to group therapy and has been relatively happy made her hopeful she's come to terms with everything.