Slipping

I'd like to apologize for my absence I don't want to make excuses but I've been depressed for a while and my grades started slipping. as much as this books about the struggle of mental illnesses I'm not trying to glorify it I stepped back to get my grades in check but I'm back now and I hope not to many of you have left thank you for your patience and let's get back into this thing.

Azula Pov

I packed all that I could carry into a small cotton bag and I kept the kings crest tucked into a pin I used to keep my hair in place. Inside the bag was just a make shift knife and some disinfectant in a small box thats smell stung my nose.

It was late not that I could really prove it, there's no windows down here and my sleep schedule has just been following what the others where doing.

I found myself pacing the floor instead of falling asleep, So much of this plan is unpredictable there's so many variables and it's all dependent on if the people I tried to kill trust me enough to let me stay. I'm not that good with people in the first place and the idea of pretending to make nice with Tylee and Mai makes me nauseous.

I took deep breath and tried not to overthink the multiple possibilities of what could happen they could send me away the moment I get to the palace doors send me to that horrible prison and this time I won't even have father nearby. They could have me executed or worse the Avatar could take my bending away from me again, after I just got it back.

" He wouldn't do that to you he loves you and just wants to help"
I waved away my mother's voice that whispered at my ear teasing me to turn around and respond but I denied her my attention.

It could all take a turn for the worst and I wouldn't be able to prove I wasn't working alone. Mira has me in a tough spot she has my father captive and as long as he's here I can't make a move against her I barely know anything about the women. Before when I found myself against a new enemy I had time to study my opponents and there weaknesses but all I know about her is She wants my family dead and the throne to be hers.

I know She hates her father but hates mine more and for whatever reason decided to keep us alive after swearing she wanted us dead. She's as predictable as a lightning strike and as calculating as a serpent.

Mirai could just be using me as a pon a quick way to get into the palace and I couldn't blame her I would do the same.

I organized my things and put them over my bed so when morning came I could leave at the crack of dawn. I couldn't fall asleep anyway to many thoughts nervousness or excitement I can't tell. I've gotten close to killing all of them before the problem is now it's all at once and inside the palace where nobody trusts me.

" Azula you don't want to do this we're your family, daughter I beg of you reason with yourself"
" SILENCE!"
I looked over and her face was gone from the dark shadows in the corner of my room

I should get some training in review the plan instead of pacing the room, my foot slipped through the door careful not to wake anyone up or be caught by a passing guard. They wouldn't say anything I just don't want to go through the trouble of explaining why I'm awake. the dirt ground made it easy to move around at night without making to much noise very much different from the palace halls with hard marble floors or heavy hard wood that woke the servents when I tried to sneak out.

This place was creepy at night I never believed much in ghosts and spirits but what Shoku said about the water benders that lived here while escaping the fire nation stuck with me. I'm stronger then any ghost... I just don't feel the need to test them.

I snuck down the hall with a small blue fire in my hand watching the moving shadows and listening out for whispers.

" we're going to let him out as a final blow and end it all there we just need to prepare for the avatar as soon as we have the capital under control"