32. The Night On Haunted Mountain

It was the middle of the day on a mountainside. The jocks Gary and Ethan were climbing up the mountain. As Gary led the way dressed in lederhosen. "Mountain climbing rules bro. I'm getting an unbelievable calf workout." Gary says as he reaches up to grab a ledge above him. Attached to his waist his a soccer ball  

"Righteous. Only one question." Ethan says climbing below him. "Why are you dressed up like Baron Von Dorkenstein."

"Ignorant Ethan says what?" Gary says after he pulls himself up onto the ledge now.

"What?" Ethan says before he realises what Gary had said as he pulls himself up the ledge looking annoyed now. "You're the ignoramus one Gary. Give me the team's lucky soccer ball. It's my turn to bond with it." He then says as the two start to hike up the mountain side now.

"I thought you bonded in the car. Sure sounded like it." Gary says as he takes the ball out of the net and makes kissing noises to it. As he does however a shadow quickly flies above the two getting them to look up. 

"What was that?" Ethan asks.

"Probably your mom out here to tell you you're late for being a bonehead." Gary says as he starts to walk away. 

"No, you're late for being a bonehead and so you're mom and mom's mom and her mom..." Ethan tries to sya back but as he does a creature that looks like a Lilith shrieks and flies high above the two diving down as the two have to duck to the floor to avoid it's grasp. The Lilith tries to  strike again but Gary rolls out of the way and she strikes the floor. Ethan and Gary try to run away now but they are quickly met with a cliffside of the mountain that has a steep drop. The Lilith appears again now startling the two and causing them to fall. As they do the net attached Gary's waist gets caught on branch and it splits. The ball comes flying out and both the jocks watch as the Lilith catches it in her hand. 

"Not the Ball!" The two cry as they continue to fall down the mountain side with painful grunts and groans. 

The Lilith lands on a branch now with the ball in her hands. "Away, stay away. As far as the wicked eye can see this wicked mountain belongs to me." 

It was the next day and a door to a hospital room opened with Fred and the rest of the Mystery gang behind it. 

"Guys. We heard what happened and rushed right over." Fred says as everyone looks to see Gary and Ethan lying in bandages and cast on hospital beds.

"Why?" Ethan asks.

"Because we heard what happened to you is  mystery isn't it?" Velma asks.

The only mystery is how Captain Fumblethumbs McMountain Dork lost the team's lucky soccer ball." Ethan says annoyed looking at Gary. 

"It wasn't my fault. The bag ripped. It hurts my feelings that you think I did that on purpose Ethan." Gary says back to him. 

"I..I'm sorrry." Ethan says to Gary now. 

"Psyche!" Gary cries but something  cracks in his bones. "Ow! My feelings, are completely intact."  

Etahn grumbles embarrassed now. "I hate you." 

"Guys, don't worry. Good ole Freddy's here. I'll get the ball back." Fred says and the Mystery gang all look at each other. "What are friends for?"

"Dude, We've never been your friend." Ethan says.

"I'd pay someone to make you leave town again if my allowance was bigger." Gary then adds.