47. Gates Of Gloom.

The gang were walking across the runway back in Crystal Cove having recently returned from the Yucatan. 

"Wow Mayor Nettles, that was some kind of exciting ride. I don't think I've ever flown that low entering the U.S. airspace before." Fred says.

"Uh, Fred. Let's not mention that to anyone okay?" Mayor Nettles says to him.

"Especially Homeland Security." Y/n adds to her statement. 

 "Now, you kids take good care of that spear thingy." Mayor Nettles says now. 

Scooby takes the spear out of his mouth. "Seriously? It's called the Heart of the Jaguar."

"Yeah, that." Mayor Nettles says. 

The plane the gang had arrived in takes off now as everyone watches it take to the skies. 

"Like, watching that big majestic plane soar off into the heavens It makes me feel a need." Shaggy starts. "I feel the need for..."

"Pizza." Scooby says. 

"Like, Scoob. Is there any other need?" Shaggy says. 

"Yeah, the need for ice cream, and cookies and Scooby Snacks and more Scooby Snacks." Scooby says.

The gang dropped Velma's mom off back at the Crystal Cove Spook museum. She waved to the gang as they left and soon they they were driving down the main street. However the road looked like it had been destroyed up ahead.

"What happened to the street?" Daphne asks. 

 "It looks likes some kind of earthquake." Fred comments as he drives carefully. 

"Like Zoinks, where is everybody?" Shaggy asks noticing the lack of people too now. 

Fred suddenly has to slam on the brakes of the Mystery Machine as someone runs onto the road. 

"They're gone!" The voice cries as everyone can see it's Sheriff Stone who had run onto the road. "Everyone! Gone!"

Everyone had moved to the sheriff's office now as they tried to find out what had happened. 

"Sheriff, what happened to everyone?" Velma asks him. 

"There I was, talking to my deputy, and whoosh!" Sheriff says throwing up his hands which makes Scooby and Shaggy flinch. "He was gone. Pulled down below."

"Please, Bronson, you're scaring me." Mayor Nettles says uneasy.

"I'm scaring myself and I hate it. I hate it. Make it stop!" Sheriff Stone.

"Right..." Y/n says as he his hand slowly rises to strike some sense into Sheriff Stone. But before he can the room begins to rumble as cracks appear to open up on the floor. Mayor Nettles gasps as the cracks begin to make their way to her and Sheriff Bronson. Both scream as they are dragged beneath the floor. 

"Sheriff!" Scooby cries.

"Mayor Nettles! Something pulled them under." Shaggy says but his and Scooby's mouth are suddenly covered by Y/n's hands.

"Stay still and quiet." Y/n says in a quiet calm whisper as everyone watches the crack moving in the ground. 

"Y/n's right. Whatever's down there seems to be attracted to movement and sound." Fred says also whispering.