𝟐𝟎𝟎𝐊 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

"Hey, whoa, slow down!" Steve yelled, clutching the door as Hopper took a sharp turn

"You were the one who said they wanted to go on a ride-along!" Hopper shouted back, his foot pressing down on the gas pedal. The lights on the truck flashed outside the vehicle, illuminating everything in red, white, and blue, and the wail of the siren echoed off the buildings.

"I said a ride-along, not a race-along!"

"We got a call!"

"For a cat up a tree!"

"The cat could be hurt!"

Their back-and-forth went like this until Hopper's truck finally skidded to a stop in front of a brick house with a large tree sprouting from the front yard.

"Admit that you just like abusing your authority so that you can speed," Steve said, giving Hopper a knowing look once he had re-righted himself in his seat. 

Hopper glared at Steve with his lips tightly pressed together before he turned to open his car door and jumped out. "Are you going to help me or not, Harrington?" Hopper called to Steve as he walked around the front of the truck.

"How the hell did you and Sarah share the same DNA," Steve grumbled to himself before he popped his door open and joined Hopper beside the tree.

Steve and Hopper looked up to find a Siamese cat stuck in one of the highest branches. It stared down at them with its golden eyes until it grew bored and began licking its paw.

"Oh, thank goodness you're here, Chief Hopper!" a woman's voice called out to Hopper and Steve. Their eyes moved from the tree to the front door of the house where they watched Ms. Henderson come rushing towards them. "A mean old dog got loose and chased poor, little Tewsie up a tree! I would have had Dustin help me but he's at school."

"No problem, ma'am," Hopper said with a tip of his hat. "Steve and I will get Toes--"

"Tews," Ms. Henderson corrected him.

"--Tews down."

"Oh goodie!" Ms. Henderson smiled and clapped her hands together. "I'll go get you boys some lemonade!"