𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺: 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢

"I can't believe we're dealing with this Upside Down bullshit again," Dustin complained as he walked the street curb like a tightrope

"I can't believe we're dealing with this Upside Down bullshit again," Dustin complained as he walked the street curb like a tightrope. He nearly lost his balance a few times and had to lean against an annoyed Lucas to ensure that he didn't fall onto the rough pavement.

"Nobody said you had to help," Lucas reminded him with a roll of his eyes.

After Dustin pushed against him for the third time, Lucas shoved him off the curb and Dustin completed a motion that looked eerily similar to Michael Jackson's moonwalk to ensure that he didn't eat dirt.

"Well, of course I'm going to help," Dustin retorted after he regained his footing and moved to the other end of the group away from Lucas. "I just thought we'd have a little bit longer between the craziness. It's only been fourteen weeks since El closed the gate at the Lab."

"One is our friend, she needs us," Mike said. His hands anxiously ran up and down his backpack straps as he tried to brush aside the impending danger coming their way.

"You mean Sarah," Will corrected him.

"Yeah, shit, sorry." Mike shook his head as if to shake off the mistake. "Sarah."

"That's pretty cool that El has an actual sister now," Max changed the subject.

"And that Hopper found his daughter," Lucas added.

"Yeah, he's been such a pain lately," Mike said. "Maybe having Sarah back will help him to cool off."

"I can't imagine what it's like for Steve, dating the Chief's daughter," Lucas laughed as he attempted to picture Hopper reaming Steve out.

"I can," Mike muttered angrily.

"Did you see how they interacted at the strategizing session?" Dustin chuckled, ignoring Mike's response. "Hopper totally gave Steve the cold shoulder."

"He's just being protective," Will argued. "He just got his daughter back, it's got to be hard. You guys all know how crazy my mom was when I came back."

The group silently nodded their heads in agreement as they continued to walk towards Mike's house. Today was their last day of normalcy before they were going to initiate the plan and they wanted to spend it working on their D&D campaign.