𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

The ring of demogorgons closed tighter and tighter around One and James

The ring of demogorgons closed tighter and tighter around One and James. The circle soon became so small that One and James had to press their backs against each other. One kept hitting them with electricity but it didn't do much to ease their fears. As long as the fireworks were still driving the demogorgons crazy, their abilities were useless.

One screamed in pain as a stray claw scratched her arm and left a deep, red scar.

"One!" James shouted, dodging another claw to check on her.

"I'm fine," One assured him before unleashing an explosion of blue lightning on the monsters. They took a step back, but still continued on.

"What do we do? Nothing is working!" James shouted above the roars and the fireworks.

"I...I don't know," One stammered between ducks and dodges.

James threw his leg out to push away a demogorgon that was getting too close and it latched onto his ankle. He fell to the ground and flailed with his other leg until another demogorgon grabbed it. They began to drag him away from the circle.

"James!" One screamed. She blasted away a demogorgon before taking off after James and the demogorgons. She threw herself onto the ground and grabbed the collar of James' leather jacket. She pulled as hard as she could, but the strength of the two demogorgons was winning out.

One was not about to give up so easily though. She pushed herself to her knees and continued tugging. One slowly moved to her feet and James' body rose with her. The monsters and her continued playing tug-of-war with James until One pulled too hard and she went flying backwards with James' jacket.

One jumped to her feet and was about to run after them again when she felt a claw scrape its way down her spine. She fell face first onto the ground in agony, unable to move. Her vision was filled with the disgusting clawed feet of the demogorgons as they surrounded her once more.