𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼: 𝚆𝚎 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝚂𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙸𝚌𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖

"Roar, I'm coming to get you!" her father shouted, running through through the crisp fall leaves

"Roar, I'm coming to get you!" her father shouted, running through through the crisp fall leaves. The high-pitched tinkles of Sarah's laughter hung in the air as she once again eluded his outstretched arms. Her mother watched from nearby, a rosy smile attached to her cheeks.

Sarah's little blonde pigtails bounced with every step as her dad lumbered behind her making a variety of animal-like noises and flailing his arms. With each step he was getting closer and Sarah's laughs were getting louder.

"It's troll's favorite food! Princess!" her father shouted, finally reaching her. He swung her up into his arms and started to fake chomp on her stomach like he was eating her.

"No daddy!" Sarah giggled. "No daddy, no!"

"Roasted princess with paprika and gravy!"

Sarah closed her eyes as she got lost in her own happiness and laughter. The warmth of her father holding her and the sound of her mother's laugh beside them made her feel so serene. But then her mother's laughter stopped. And she couldn't feel her father's big, strong arms anymore.

Sarah opened her eyes and gasped when she found herself in a different place. It looked the same, but it was different. Everything she knew, her neighborhood, the houses, the fences, the lawn ornaments...everything was there, but everything was black and lifeless. Dark ash fell around her, creating a contrast as it collected in her light hair. New sounds began to enter her eardrums: distant roars and screams. But not the ones that her father had been making.

Her chest heaved in and out, in and out as her eyes darted around the haunted wasteland. She could hear her mom and dad but she couldn't see them. Where were they? Where was she?

"Whoa, hey! You all right?" her father asked.

"What's going on?" her mother's voice joined.

Sarah tried to look for them, but her body wouldn't move. She blinked her eyes a few times, hoping to reopen them and find the home she knew. But when she did everything was dark. Completely dark. And that was the last thing she remembered.