𝟓𝟎𝐊 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

"Alright kiddo, wanna go for a ride in dad's cop car?" Hopper asked his eager 5-year old daughter, Sarah

"Alright kiddo, wanna go for a ride in dad's cop car?" Hopper asked his eager 5-year old daughter, Sarah. She tilted her head all the way back to look up at her dad with a giant smile and nodded enthusiastically.

Hopper grabbed Sarah's hand and led her around the side of the car to the passenger seat. He tried to pick her up to help her into her car seat but she held out her tiny hand to stop him. "No, I do it by myself!" she instructed.

Hopper chuckled as he watched Sarah attempt to scramble up into the seat on her own. It took a good deal longer than it would have had Hopper helped her, but he was proud of his daughter for being so independent. It was one of the many traits she possessed that reminded her of him.

Sarah initially refused to let Hopper help her buckle but that was where he had to put his foot down. After she was firmly secured and Hopper was in the driver seat, he started up the squad and House of the Rising Sun by The Animals immediately flooded the cab.

"Oh yeah, this is a good song," Hopper smiled as he turned the volume dial up. Hopper sang along to the lyrics as he wound around the bustling suburban New York streets, watching kids playing games in their yards and their parents grilling lunch on their porches. "There is a house in New Orleans they call the Rising Sun, and it's been the ruin of many a poor boy, and God I know I'm one."

"My mama was...she-she...blue jeans. Daddy...gabbing man...New Leans," Sarah attempted to sing along, mumbling through the parts she didn't know. Hopper just laughed and removed one hand from the wheel to pat the top of her head.

"You'll learn it one day," Hopper smiled encouragingly. The two continued to sing along together at the top of their lungs until the song slowly faded away and Hopper and Sarah were left with an overwhelming silence. "Are you excited to start school?"

"Mm, kinda," Sarah answered quietly, her eyes wandering to the window and the scenery passing by.

"Only 'kinda'?" Hopper asked with an arched brow.

"I dunno..." Sarah mumbled. "What if the other kids don't like me cause I'm different..."

"Different, huh?" Hopper took one long glance at his daughter before continuing. "If you're different then I don't want to be normal."