𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸: 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙸𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊

"What shall we drink to, Mr

"What shall we drink to, Mr. Bond?"

The creature staggered into the kitchen, it's talons scratching the checkered tile with each step. It grabbed one of the empty metal cans off the table and began to sniff inside. A low roar gurgled in its throat when it found the can empty of its contents.

"Well, how about an earthquake?"

Its attention turned to something else; the trail of light spilling onto the kitchen floor. Sounds emanated from the source of the light and the creature decided to follow. It came to the living room and found two sleeping masses huddled against each other on the couch.

One's foot stirred in her sleep as she was engrossed in a dream. In her dream, she was eating dinner with her family in the kitchen of the brown house, but this kitchen was clean and colorful. Cans of olives and soup were displayed elegantly on the table, and there was popcorn popping over the stove. Everyone was laughing and smiling, even though they had no faces. Instead, their heads were just smooth canvases of skin.

Noises came from her mother's mouthless face, but they sounded strange. More like grunting and sniffing than words...A warmth followed by a rancid smell overtook One's senses and brought her out of her slumber.

One lifted her head and was surprised to find that it had been resting on James' shoulder. Her cheeks shined red even in the dark. It didn't last long, however, when she shifted her eyes before her and found an uninvited guest illuminated by the soft glow of the television.

Its silhouette looked almost like a man, but it had gaunt skin stretched tight around its bony body and large claws hanging on either side. Her eyes worked their way up to its head where she found, like her family in her dream, that it had no face.

One let out a piercing scream that awoke James and angered the monster. The first thing James saw when he opened his eyes was the monster opening its head to reveal infinite rows of jagged teeth. It roared and emitted a smell so retched that it almost put James back to sleep.