Chapter #33: The Catch.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

↠In the previous chapter...

"What you're about to do?" Ciel repeated, unconsciously taking a step closer towards the girl; his fists clenching up and his posture straightening up in a defensive position. Sebastian was alert as well, already dry and with the rest of his clothes on.

The sudden protectiveness that both males seeped through their skin made Abel smirk mischievously, a dark chuckle rumbling from his throat.

"Just trust me, will you?"

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

"Trust you?" (Y/n) repeated Abel's words slowly, blinking twice before she wrinkled her nose. "Give me at least one reason to trust you," she stated firmly, still utterly reluctant to trust the brunet in front of her for many reasons.

And they haven't even met for that long.

"I saved you from the nightmare you had before," The lion demon stated confidently, placing one hand on his waist and let the corner of his lips curl up into a satisfied smirk; irradiating off confidence from his body after he proclaimed that he had saved the (h/c) girl.

Ciel only scoffed at Abel's words, not even holding back on spitting facts at the lion demon. "You mean the one you gave her in the first place?" The young Earl stated in a matter of fact, raising one thin eyebrow at the tanned male; earning a sour glare from the lion demon who was ready to chomp his head off. "Whatever, kid," Abel rolled his eyes and snarled back at Ciel in a passive-aggressive way. "I'm the one who knows Jaxon. So you, either way, have to trust me in this."

"Jaxon?" Sebastian repeated the name that came off Abel's mouth, knowing that the lion demon had never mentioned the name 'Jaxon' before. "That's the name of the fish demon, Jaxon Lee," Abel clarified once he noticed the curiosity in not only Sebastian's words but the confusion written all over Ciel's and (Y/n)'s faces. "Oh," The girl muttered, letting the information sink into her brain.

So, the four demons that guarded the gates of Hell had names?

"All four of you have names? Do you choose them?" The (e/c) eyed girl completely trailed off the topic and instead asked Abel a question that has been roaming her head for the past 2 minutes. Abel, thrown off by the sudden questions she had for him, raised both of his eyebrows in amusement then answered: "They do have names, yes, and the reason... it depends."

Now, Ciel was growing curious as well.

No matter how mature the young Earl acted, he was still a kid (almost a teenager, practically a teenager) and the curiosity was something that tended to break his grown-up facade most of the time.

And right now was one of those cases.

"Did you choose your name?" The boy questioned as well, getting caught in the small interrogation both humans were doing to the lion demon.

"No, my last contract chose it for me and I just stuck with it," Abel stated, averting his golden gaze from Ciel and (Y/n) then proceeded to shrug his shoulders. "Don't ask, I'm not in the mood to answer anymore," the tanned male grunted, eyebrows furrowing.

Sebastian stood right in between Ciel and (Y/n), his maroon irises flickering down towards the two humans that he found to be just amusing. It was an unusual sight to see his Young Master get carried by his curiosity, so of course, the crow demon decided to enjoy the display. "Such a curious one you are," Sebastian mused, his words coming out as smooth as velvet.