Chapter #29: Abysm. (1/2)

Yikes, 4 months without updating? I'm real sorry, seems like High School is harder than I thought TT 

At first, I wasn't inspired and was too lazy to continue writing when I reached the 3000 words, but then I suddenly felt the inspiration hit me and I instantly wrote it down like whoot~

After this I'll go and have dinner ye ye, I hope you enjoy the new chapter! I've seen that a lot of people has been reading the book, we are so close to reaching 50k! At first, I made this book without expecting 1k, but now, 50k? Oof, I love you all so much, I hope you remember that. <3

So now, on with the chapter!

Oh! And also I decided to divide this into two parts so at least you can read this while I prepare the other part; I really couldn't wait a bit more to publish it aaaAHH I'M SORRY.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

On the previous chapter...

"That's what I thought," He mused, the fog covering up his tall frame until the only thing that could be seen from him were his phosphorescent fuschia irises. "Where is your courage from moments ago? Just because I'm grasping your neck you're shutting up?" His grip tightened gradually, causing the girl to widen her eyes in panic when she felt her trachea being forcefully closed up little by little due to the pressure he was applying.

The lion demon clicked his tongue. "What an utter boring ending," he murmured under his breath as (Y/n)'s vision was quickly covered up with black dots thanks to the lack of oxygen.

The last thing that she heard before blacking out, was a sickening crack ring loudly on her ears. And so, she lost consciousness.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

(Y/n) snapped her eyes open harshly as she gasped for air to fill her lungs.

"H-Hah..." She panted heavily, unconsciously grasping her neck with her trembling hand as she flickered her (e/c) gaze around the place - which seemed to be an abandoned alleyway. (Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows in deep thought, wondering what she was doing in such a place. "What was I doing before ending up here?" The girl murmured to herself under her breath, fluttering her eyelids shut while she tried to remember what led her to end up in the alleyway. A throbbing headache interrupted her train of thoughts, causing her to hiss in pain and grasp her head tightly in hopes that it would make the piercing ache disappear.

The (h/c) haired girl propped her hands and one knee atop the cold concrete floor before she slowly stood up; using the force of her legs and her hands to balance herself. "Why can't I remember what happened before...?" (Y/n) murmured to herself, not having enough energy to panic from her sudden memory loss. She licked her lips unintentionally, deciding that she should probably exit the alleyway and analyze her surroundings - anticipating that it would make her remember where she was.

Once she exited the deteriorated back street, her eyes widened in shock as her gaze flickered around the place. "I-I'm... back home?" (Y/n) stuttered out, gulping quietly. Even though she was glad that she was back home, she felt as if something was completely wrong - as if, somehow, she wasn't supposed to be there just yet.