Chapter #30: Abysm. (2/2)

In the previous chapter...

"(Y/n)!"

That was the last thing the (h/c) haired girl heard before feeling an unbearable pain strike the left side of her whole body, the fact that she could hear the sickening snap of her ribcage against her ears making her feel her stomach twist anxiously - that anxiety soon being replaced by utter horror as the familiar metallic taste engulfed her mouth; a rough cough making the blood splatter out from her mouth, a few pearls of the dense liquid dripping down the corner of her lips as she quickly fell into an unconscious state, her limp body crashing against the ground with a loud thud that rang through her ears.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

"Open your eyes."

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

The familiar deep voice rang inside her head once (Y/n) slowly regained consciousness, fluttering her eyelids open only to be found with a fog that prevented her to completely see the place where she was - unconsciously noting that she has been constantly fainting ever since the Lion demon, Abel, almost suffocated her to death in the forest.

She froze in her place out of surprise at the last sentence that passed through her head. '...Abel?' The name roamed through her mind with great easiness, like a fish swimming through the ocean's stream. She thought about that name unintentionally, perhaps someone she knew? She furrowed her eyebrows, trying once again to remember everything that happened before she woke up with no memory on that desolated alleyway.

And so, finally, something clicked inside her head, the memories that she once forgot engulfed her mind in a rush; her world, (G/f/n), Kuroshitsuji, Ciel and Sebastian, everything. A gasp of realization escaped her lips before she swiftly sat up from her previous position, the smell and the taste of smoke overwhelming her lungs and taste buds quite badly. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, rubbed her eyelids with her curled up fists then opened her eyes for the second time; now seeing everything clearly.

In which she, deep down, regretted.

(Y/n) was back in Victorian London, but instead of being greeted by the cool, fresh breeze of autumn that she got used to in a few weeks, the first thing that she saw was the pitch-black sky that was submerged in powerful flames and a cloud of dense, suffocating smoke; justifying the smell and the taste she felt before. The calm chirping of the birds that also became something usual for her to hear ever since she arrived at this world was replaced by the many blood-curdling screams of the civilians, which reflected the emotion they all now shared due to the current situation. The various shades of violet and white that submerged the whole city made the girl's (e/c) eyes go wide; a mix of emotions forming at the pit of her stomach from the dreadful scenery that she was witnessing with her own eyes.

She gazed around, remarking that she was standing atop a roof of a two-story building that seemed quite unstable. She squeaked the moment she felt the surface beneath her at the verge of crumbling down, for it trembled slightly when she took a step back; causing her to quickly turn on her heels and desperately make out an escape route. (Y/n) approached the edge of the building with hurry and gazed down at the floor, the ginormous flames that were almost covering up whole London making it difficult to see, but she managed to take a glimpse of various garbage bags piled up in front of the main door of the building she was currently on.

She didn't even think of the consequences as she took three steps back, placed her left foot a bit back from the right one firmly against the concrete surface before she immediately took impulse and ran towards the edge of the house; the burning, suffocating smoke hitting her straight in the face. The gravity made its effect as she began to fall down the building at a fast rate.