14 - It's Nighttime, Arthur and Assam!

What a day.

Already, the dimension hopper had been exposed, threatened, hurt, and had caved under pressure, all within minutes of each other.

Not only that, a bad memory had popped up in his head, causing him to go berserk with madness. Adding onto that, whatever he built up with Rosehip went completely down the drain.

Arthur never expected this to happen and he wasn't even prepared to handle it.

So much for being a halfway-competent spy. Even better yet, so much for the first day...

After the incident, Darjeeling let Orange Pekoe escort Arthur off the premises and back to the townhome. Assam, on the other hand, was told to stay behind.

As Pekoe and Arthur left, Assam turned around to talk to Darjeeling. "Okay, what was all that about? Not only is Rosehip crying her eyes out right now, but Arthur is completely broken! As much as I don't respect him spying on us... I honestly feel horrible for him."

Darjeeling put her cup down firmly and faced her friend. "Ara, you've seemingly have grown soft towards the young man. You must have a thing for him, don't you now?"

Assam's face suddenly turned red in embarrassment. "NONONO I DON'T! WHY DO YOU ASSUME SUCH BLASPHEMY!" Despite saying that, she kept on denying it while blushing furiously.

Weird, but okay...

"Back on the topic, I had a feeling you may have not liked my behaviour earlier..." Darjeeling said as Assam went back to her normal self.

Assam then asked why her commander was acting in such a way. Darjeeling spoke up once more.

"Do you know this saying: "Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

"Sun Tzu, correct?"

"Correct, Assam. I've realized that using pure force on our Pravda spy wouldn't fit the St. Gloriana style at all. Instead, we should break him on a mental level to show his true colours..."

Upon hearing this, the blonde gunner immediately objected. "There are better options, Darjeeling. This isn't it."

"Again, you've grown soft towards him. Wasn't your vibe towards Arthur yesterday quite pessimistic?" Darjeeling began to smirk and finished her statements in a joking tone. "You sure you aren't in denial?"

Scoffing at this statement, but with a face as red as a tomato, the blonde gunner refused to comment further and walked out the room.

A quiet laugh came out of Darjeeling's mouth as her friend left.

"Fufufufufu..."

_____________________________________

Left with sour tastes in their mouths, Orange Pekoe and Arthur stayed quiet for the entire ride home. The loader was at a loss of words about what went down today. Meanwhile, the dimension hopper was still reeling in everything.

Arthur looked out the window as the taxi passed by through the town. All he could think about was the pain he had inflicted on everyone.

All this because he threw a fit of rage over a memory he thought of.

Was it his fault?

...Yes, probably.

The taxi reached the townhome. Going inside, Arthur immediately went up to his room and locked the door.

Standing in quiet contemplation, his mind began to recall the past few hours. Everything started so well, from making French Toast with Pekoe, checking out the Tankery room...