21 - It's a Memorable Night!

Previously on It's St. Gloriana and the Dimension Hopper...

Arthur and Assam were alone in the townhome. With nothing else to do, the spies decided to go out for some coffee.

Let's just say both spies (mostly Assam, though) were acting a bit... suspicious.

An incident happened at a local park, causing something to spill out of Assam's mouth that caused our dimension hopper to question the blonde.

Or, at least that's what happened until you realize Arthur asked something so dense that the whole conversation just fizzled out...

'What the fuck was that kind of answer...'

             __________________________

Arthur and Assam.

Two spies at the park.

And now, things are awkward between them.

Hot off the heels of Assam (technically) exposing her feelings by saying, 'THE ONLY TIME YOU'RE GOING TO SHORTEN MY NAME IS WHEN WE BECOME A THING!', the blonde was on her knees and covering her face with her hands.

The silence continued with the added squawks of the pigeons they were feeding earlier. For them, it felt odd.

Arthur continued to gaze at Assam's vulnerable state; she looked as if she had lost everything just a second ago (which she did... technically again.)

He then cleared his throat and said, "Okay, let's just try and forget everything that happened. That's how I like to combat awkwardness."

Walking up to her, Arthur put his hand out and asked if she wanted to get up. Assam nodded and gently placed her hand on his. With one swift pull, she was hoisted up on her feet.

"Now," Arthur spoke up. "What should we do?"

Assam didn't know how to respond to the brown-haired teen's question and began to look away from him.  Taking notice of this, Arthur waved his hand in front of her face.

"My eyes are over here," he said, looking down on his partner with a smirk. "Anyways, do you have any suggestions?"

Just the thought of the brown-haired teen having the audacity to suggest where to go next made Assam feel off. She was still reeling in the aftermath of their episode of awkwardness, so naturally, she didn't respond-

"Say, why don't we go pick up a few things from the store and watch a movie when we get back?"

(Assam, you're really breaking my stride...)

"Movies and food sound great! I'm in for that," Arthur smiled, accepting her suggestion. "Lead the way, Ass!"

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU EARLIER?!"

"But, wasn't that why things got awkward?"

"I'm going ahead." Assam didn't hesitate with her answer and promptly hurried out of the park. Arthur sighed and eventually caught up with her.

__________________________

Sunkus.

It's the convenience store chain that is prevalent in nearly every corner of Japan.

Unlike most of the Ark Royal, this place felt instantly relatable to the dimension hopper, and as he sauntered into the brightly lit and pristinely white store, he felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

"You really like these kinds of stores, huh?" Assam questioned, to which she got a nod in response. "I'm not judging you. I do enjoy the convenience store from time to time."