15 - It's an Italian Restaurant Outing!

A while ago...

"Italian food after eating your friend's disgusting British dinner... I don't know, Arthur-"

"Darjeeling cooked way more, and she put it in the fridge, Pekoe."

"Don't shorten my name- wait, she made more?!"

Jumping out from her seat, Orange Pekoe quickly thanked for the meal and ran upstairs.

"I'm assuming that's a yes..." Arthur said as he looked towards the stairs. Suddenly, Assam got up.

"Please wash up. We'll be down in a few minutes." She answered in her usually composed tone as left the dining area. Arthur nodded and began to clean up the mess.

Reaching the top of the stairs, the blonde gunner's body temperature began to rise. A trembling feeling rushed throughout her body as she began to turn red.

"This guy is offering to buy dinner... Holy shit, I'm going to go berserk-"

"Assam-sama, you alright?" Orange Pekoe had noticed her senior was acting a bit strange tonight.

Upon hearing Pekoe's gentle yet concerned voice, Assam jolted and quickly turned to face her, to which the loader began to smirk.

"This is not what it looks like!" The blonde gunner began to feel butterflies in her stomach as the smirking continued.

"Right..."

_____________________________________

Back in the present...

The group of three were now at the restaurant, ready to cleanse their palates from whatever Darjeeling concocted earlier.

In the washroom, Arthur had just finished his phone call with Kay. Standing up and getting out of the stall, he went up to the sink and began to wash up.

Meanwhile, back at the booth, the two girls were looking through the menu. Sitting across from each other, Orange Pekoe suddenly asked something to her senior.

"Assam-sama... I forgot to ask you this but... do you like Arthur?!" Orange Pekoe smirked as she flipped through her menu.

A sense of bashfulness hit Assam like a brick, as she began to turn red again. "Pekoe, let's not discuss such a thing in a restaurant! I mean, there are better things to talk about!"

The loader began to snicker more than before, "So you do like him!"

"No, I don't!"

"You know it's only been one day since his arrival, right? He's made quite the impression, hasn't he?"

Beginning to pout heavily, Assam put her two index fingers together and began to twiddle them around. As she began to blush red, she mumbled under her breath, "I know it's only been one day... but I..."

"Hi, I'm back! Sorry about the long washroom trip..." Arthur had just returned to the booth and is now taking a seat right next to Assam. His sudden appearance flustered her.

Orange Pekoe winked at her senior, which only made her even more embarrassed.

"Stop it!" Assam quietly mumbled to Orange Pekoe as she blushed heavily.

Arthur took note of Assam, who was acting a bit strange, but he decided to not dwell on this further. He then turned to converse with Orange Pekoe.

"I've never actually seen you with your hair down until now surprisingly. It feels kind of weird, you know?"