8 - It's the Obligatory Supper!

"Arthur? You there?"

"..."

"Arthur?"

Waking up from his nap, Arthur immediately noticed he slept in his suit.

"I still got that damn spill..." He remarked.

Arthur got up and walked over to open the door. Outside his den was Orange Pekoe in an apron.

"Oh, Pekoe! What's up?" The dimension hopper asked.

"Dinner is ready," Orange Pekoe answered back. "Also, don't shorten my name. But, I do need your help."

Arthur followed the loader downstairs and into the kitchen. He looked at what's going to be on tonight's dinner:

Roast beef!

"Oh, baby," Arthur said with enthusiasm. "I'm about to make love with this beef tonight-"

However, as he walked into the dining room, he stopped and saw Assam and Darjeeling sitting.

"Oh, great..." he groaned in his head. "I completely forgot I kinda live with Darjeeling now..."

Unfortunately, the dimension hopper had to sit across from the blonde commander, as one spot was reserved for Orange Pekoe.

As Arthur looked around him, he noticed that the two girls were just setting themselves up for dinner normally, as if nothing of note happened.

He looked at the dinnerware and saw it was set up as one of those fancy dinner, different sized forks and all. As he looked at the others, he noticed that something felt off on his end, but he didn't dwell on it too much.

Darjeeling suddenly looked towards Arthur with intent and looked back at Orange Pekoe, who was just about to sit down.

Unintentional or not, this made him slightly uncomfortable.

"Alright then," Orange Pekoe spoke up. "Let us begin with supper!"

The three girls put their hands together and said thanks for the meal today. Arthur, who isn't accustomed to Japanese culture, simply said a short prayer before eating.

After that, supper began.

Arthur took a big helping of roast beef for himself along with some mashed potatoes. As he was about to tuck in, he realized that he had to eat like a formal person.

"Screw this formality," He groaned in his head. "But, I have to do this..."

Luckily, he managed to pull through. Except, something was off.

"Hey, Arthur," Orange Pekoe asked the dimension hopper. "Don't you have a dinner fork with you?"

"What do you mean," Arthur asked.

"Well, you're eating the roast beef with a salad fork..."

When he put down his fork, he saw he had two short forks. When he looked over at Orange Pekoe's dinnerware, she had only one.

What was this about?!

"I have two salad forks," Arthur said. "Big whoop. But, why?"

"...Do you know this saying: It is an act of sabotage."

Arthur l looked over at Darjeeling, who simply grinned. "Listen, you may think that you are safe here-"

Unexpectedly, the dimension hopper interrupted her. "I never felt safe here, even though I've been here for 3 hours."

"Shut it!

Orange Pekoe began to grow more concerned as her commander became more brash. "Language, Darjeeling-sama!"

"Sorry, Pekoe." Darjeeling began to wipe her lips with a napkin as she spoke up again. "As I was saying, it seems like you've been eating your roast beef with a salad fork, right?"

Arthur nodded as his face turned more fed-up. "You sabotaged my dinnerware and gave me two salad forks instead of one to prove a point. Right?"

"I see you've gotten on with the program, yes?"

"...No, not really."

The blonde commander stood up and walked up to Arthur and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Do you know this saying: Those wh-"

Once again, Arthur struck back and interrupted her. "Those who quote other people aren't as remarkable as they seem?"

This unexpected reality check shocked the household. Assam dropped her cutlery and Orange Pekoe nearly choked on her tea.

Darjeeling was clearly at her breaking point.

"Look," Arthur said with intent. "If it's you that will try and sabotage my stay here, then go right ahead."

He stood up as well. Both of their heights were wildly different, resulting in an awkward and intimidating feeling for St. Glo's tankery commander.

Arthur continued to speak.

"You can play me like a puppet, but eventually I'll break off those strings. Besides..."

He leaned closer to Darjeeling and looked directly into her eyes. In a devilish tone, Arthur finished his statements.

"It is what it is. Don't you think so as well, Miss Darjeeling?"

She did not respond to this.

"Darjeeling-sama..." Orange Pekoe said to her senior as she gestured her to cut it out.

Realizing she can do nothing else, the blonde commander simply looked at her colleagues, thanked them for the meal, and went back upstairs. Before that, she gave Arthur a stare of death.

Arthur promptly sat down, and the only ones left at the table were Orange Pekoe and Assam.

"I'm so sorry about that. As much as I hate her nerves, I should really talk to her..." Arthur said to the two with a flushed face.

Orange Pekoe shook her head. "Don't worry about it, I'll handle it later."

Although initially reluctant, he agreed to let Pekoe handle the talking. Arthur looked around a bit more and noticed something quite weird on Assam's plate.

"Wow, you really like roast beef, Assam!"

Upon hearing this, she simply looked up at the dimension hopper. She immediately continued to eat.

"Assam's a huge fan of roast beef!" Orange Pekoe whispered to Arthur. He simply chuckled and decided to finish his meal.

Although tonight's supper was really awkward, it all worked out in the end for our dimension hopper. Finally, after a stressful fight, Arthur could now eat his meal in peace-

"ROAST BEEF!"

"Assam-sama..."

Well, that was weird.

Oh well, at least things are peaceful in the Noble Sisters' household for now...