16 - It's Rosehip's Disappearance?!

Earlier...

Before Arthur and the others arrived, a hooded figure had entered the establishment, the Nuovo Paradiso. Wearing a white surgical mask to cover its face, it looked at the hostess with a blank stare.

That figure would be none other than Rosehip.

"One table, please. " She spoke in a very deep voice, weirdly enough.

The hostess nodded and led her to a seat. Passing by the enticing smell of seafood and fresh pasta, Rosehip instantly drooled as her eyes lit up with glee. "So beautiful...!"

Taking a seat on the rustic oak chair, Rosehip was given the menu. With her order decided, she called a waiter over and began the long and strenuous wait for food.

The smells of the restaurant overloaded the speed demon's sense of smell. As she kept on smelling, the more she felt hungrier.

Her stomach growled as she looked down with a groan. "Come on, Mr. Burger! Hang in there until Ms. Pasta Di Pomodoro can enter my stomach!"

Looking right back up, what seemed to be a regular outing was instantly turned into one of dread. Her pupils grew smaller and she gave out a quiet gasp as she saw the booth a few meters down being occupied.

It was Arthur. But not only that, but he also brought Pekoe and Assam as well.

"Oh, of course, this dude Arthur has the fancy harem. What are they doing here..." Rosehip was clearly denying their sudden appearance here. Although it wasn't their fault they showed up.

It was just a lucky coincidence.

Since it was the start of the weekend, the establishment was at full capacity. Rosehip, thinking that no one would notice her due to how crowded it was, decided to take off her mask.

"God, I can't breathe with those things on..."

As she waited for her order, a hostess and a man in a white suit began to converse with each other.

"Is that her?" The man spoke in a deep voice. He had a shiny bald head and quite the goatee on display.

"I believe so," The hostess whispered.  "This is the 4th time she's been here! And I definitely think she didn't bring any money again."

The man began to sigh heavily. "We need to talk with her..."

Rosehip continued to wait for her meal, but she grew more impatient by the passing minute. However, it reached her peak when she saw that Arthur and the others got their orders first.

"How did they get their orders first?! I came here before they even showed up!" She was on the edge, but she managed to hold back her bottled-up anger.

A while passed and as she continued to wait, she heard a loud clank. Looking on over, she saw Arthur standing up and scanning the room. Rosehip quickly grabbed her mask and tried to wear it before he could spot her.

Too late.

_________________________________________