1 - It's (Not-so) Safe Landings!

"Come on, take a break."

"No, I am not. I'm busy with my underground business."

"Underground business?! More like an underground meth lab!"

"I don't even know how to produce drugs. Does it look like I watch Breaking Bad?"

"Okay, whatever the case is, it's fine if you aren't going to celebrate Día de Los Muertos tonight. I'll go celebrate by myself."

"That's sad."

"Okay, I've got to head out. Adios!"

CALL ENDED

Despite today being a night full of celebration, Arthur was stuck doing important things, like cleaning up the lab and paying the electrical bills.

Unfortunately, he didn't pay it on time. So now, The entire lab is only lit by lanterns.

Recently, Arthur had been having money problems due to the amount of reckless spending he did for the last 3 months. The only thing he has paid for is his phone bill and data plans. But that isn't stopping him from finishing the leftover paperwork under a 5-year old camping lantern!

Finishing up the paperwork, he look over at his phone. "Shit, it's at 1%."

Grabbing his battery bank, he plugged the cable into the phone and...

Nothing happened.

He tried unplugging it and plugging it back into his phone.

Again. Nothing happened.

Upon closer inspection, he saw that his battery bank...

Was dead.

With no other way to charge his phone, he slumped back on his chair and sighed heavily with regret. "I guess I shouldn't have left the electrical bills unchecked..."

Upon saying that, he had realized something! He realized that a spare generator was somewhere around the lab! Time to find it!

13 Minutes Later...

Arthur's assumption was correct, as he had found a spare electrical generator to use. It was quite the hassle to pull out, but once it was in the middle of the lab, he looked with bright eyes.

Upon pulling the cord several times, a form of electricity was available for use in the lab again. Arthur, celebrating his success, gave out a hearty:

"HELL YEAH!"

As it ran in the background, Arthur grabbed his electronics and went to charge them all. However, he suddenly noticed something sticking out like a sore thumb. Covered by a large tarp, he grabbed one part of it and, like a matador, unfurled it ever so elegantly.

What revealed was something that he recognized from the past. It was as if...

A core memory opened up again.

"The... Portal..." He whispered in awe. "I really did forget about this, didn't I? It's been a while since I went dimension hopping..."

Arthur turned back to face the generator and had an idea. A pretty big idea, albeit one that he hasn't done in a while.

_____________________________________

After a while, Arthur had fixed up the portal and was ready to put it back into business. He grabbed an extension cord and the plug.