18 - It's Rosehip's Disappearance: PART 3

OFFICE 410 - BRANCH OF BUSINESSES - ARK ROYAL; 20:32 Hours

Office 410. The head office.

Pacing around the well-lit room, the man in a black suit pondered about something. "What to do, what to do..."

However, his quiet contemplation was immediately taken over by the sound of the double-doors opening.

"Mr. Nakamoto," the guard announced. "Goro Nara has arrived."

"Huh?! What are you doing here?" Mr. Nakamoto was quite surprised by the appearance of Goro and his accomplices. "A surprise guest..." he groaned silently. However, his groaning stopped when he saw Rosehip standing right behind the group.

"Wait a minute," Mr. Nakamoto promptly asked his guest. "Is that one of Gloriana's tankery team members?!"

Goro cleared his throat and spoke up. "Yup. This is the Yukiko Kanda. The one that's been notorious around Restaurant Row?"

At first, Mr. Nakamoto was unsure how to react. Should he be petrified? Surprised? Mad even? Deciding to not throw off anyone, he simply sighed and told Goro and Rosehip to take a seat.

"Care for a seltzer?" asked the man in black. The two both declined his offer. As he sat back down on his chair, he put his hands together and looked towards Rosehip.

"She's been causing trouble?" asked Mr. Nakamoto as he looked back at Goro.

Goro simply nodded and explained to him about the situation involving unpaid tabs. Nodding along to his little rant, Nakamoto was clearly uninterested.

"Unpaid tabs," he spoke up again. "You do realize that's such a minuscule problem, right? I mean, tabs are tabs, but people will pay them back-"

"She has 15 tabs across a couple of restaurants and she has no money to pay them back!" Goro stood up and interrupted. Mr. Nakamoto stopped in place and his jaw dropped. "15 tabs and no money... Shit."

Looking back at Goro, he excused himself and went to a corner. Grabbing his phone, he began to talk to someone. Who it is exactly was a mystery, but whoever's talking on the other side was making Mr. Nakamoto quite tense.

As he finished the call, he went back to the two. "Look, this is going to be tough... But, it's just... We need to do something I don't want to do."

"What do you mean? Can I just pay you back?!" Rosehip exclaimed towards the man who was now approaching her. Looking up, the speed demon felt a sense of fear in the air as Mr. Nakamoto glared down into her eyes. He spoke up once more and told her, "As I said, I don't want to do this but..."

Rosehip's hands gripped the armrests and began to shake uncomfortably as she kept repeating, "Shit, I'm gonna die!" Mr. Nakamoto kneeled and put his glasses away and looked directly at her with fierce eyes as if he was going to murder someone tonight.

Well, it looks like Rosehip's life ends here. Goodbye Crusader, goodbye everyone in Gloriana... And goodbye family.

"Please," she requested as her voice began to break down. "Don't kill me. It's just tabs- I promise to pay you back! But please, I have family back on the Mainland and I haven't seen them for months and- JUST DON'T KILL ME!"