chapter 2

A week went by and after a lot of planning and preparing, the morning of the trip came. James was pacing his room waiting for sirius to come back from talking to James's dad about borrowing his car to get them there and back. james was partly annoyed that sirius wasn't organised enough to have asked his dad sooner but just hoped the answer would be positive rather than negative.

Sirius walked into the kitchen, seeing Fleamont reading his paper at the kitchen table and Euphemia at the stove cooking herself some pancakes. She turns to look at Sirius and gives him a warm smile.

"Sirius dear! If you're looking for some pancakes I can make you a fresh batch" she says cheerfully as Fleamont looks up from his newspaper.

"I'm okay thank you!" he smiles back and then turns to Fleamont "I actually wanted to ask a favour"

Fleamont tilts his head with a narrowed eye "Did something happen?" he asks and sirius immediately shakes his head.

"No- no! You know the trip me and james are taking?" he starts and fleamont nods slowly "well- we don't have anyway of driving ourselves and we were wondering-"

fleamont cuts him off from his sentence "if you could borrow my car?"

Sirius opens his eyes widely and nods shocked at how quickly he caught on.

"As long as you bring the old girl back to me in one piece, take her wherever you'd like" he says with a smile before going back to reading his newspaper.

Sirius chuckles slightly "thank you so much!" he says before running upstairs to tell james the news.
He slammed the door open and James jumps slightly as if he'd seen a ghost.

"Well??" James says nervously.

"He said yes! I told you i could convince him!" sirius whisper-shouts with a laugh and james sighs in relief.

"sometimes i really do wish you wouldn't leave things until last minute" he says rolling his eyes and playfully shoving sirius before lifting a few bags.

Sirius joins shortly behind him helping James pack up the car. It was currently 7:30 AM. They decided to drive about an hour down to a petrol station in Glasgow, which also just so happened to have an all day restaurant there. James dad's car only had enough to get them an hour and 30 minutes into the drive as it was low on gas so decided their plan was for the best.

James says goodbye to his parents as sirius awkwardly walks out of the front door trying not to make eye contact with Euphemia and Fleamont. He was never jealous as such about James's relationship with his parents, only jealous of how his parents never treated him that way.

Euphemia catches eye of sirius walking outside and immediately pulls him back gently by his arm into a bone crushing hug, which is shortly joined by Fleamont.

"You two better be careful!" her voice came out slightly worried and for once in a family situation sirius finds himself smiling happily.

She finally let's go and you hear the door to the car open. James calls out "we'll be fine mum!"

sirius laughs and jumps in the passenger side.

"ready to get this show on the road?" sirius says cheerfully, turning up the radio.

"So so ready!" James starts the car and in no time, they're on their way to London.

Remus stands down a few roads from his house, completely avoiding being anywhere near. He holds his hand onto the suitcase and waits for Lily and Peter.