chapter 16

TW- abuse

remus has been dreading this. since he left this afternoon until now, when he got home. his phone has been off the entire journey. his friends may have messaged or called but he would have no idea.

he stands outside of the front door, hand ghosting the door handle.

cmon remus. just open the door.

he looks from the handle to the door and takes a breath. he turns the handle and pushes the door open.

beer cans, wrappers and dirty clothes were covering the floor. picture and vases were smashed and pillows were ripped up.

he shuts the door taking a deepbreath.

"i-i'm home"

he hears a door open at his words and his breath hitches as he sees his drunken father stumble around the corner.

"final-fucking-ly" he says, voice angry.

remus clears his throat and looks around the room. his father stumbles closer until he's stood a few feet from him.

"how was the trip" he splutters out.

"what do you care?" remus says huffing and walking past to his room.

"how dare you fucking talk to me like that boy."

remus takes a breath and throws his suitcase onto his bed, along with his phone.

"ill get food in by tomorrow. i'll start cleaning up" remus says but as he goes to walk back past his dad, he feels two hands wrap around his throat.

he gasps slightly as he pulled closer, the hands tight around his neck.

"don't your fucking give me that attitude boy."

his father's hand moves, balling to a fist before being brought down fast and hard until it connects with remus' eye.

remus winces and hisses in pain as he dad lets go of his neck. remus falls to the ground gasping for air.

"learn your place."

TW over

he glances up, one eye open as his father walks back to the room he originally came from. once he sees him gone he lets out a quiet sob.

why?

why me?

why did you have to leave me with him?

those thoughts ran through his head. he missed her. he missed her beyond words. he crawls slowly over to a picture frame. it faced down on the floor and as he picked it up, broken glass fell to the floor.

he turns it open and sighs as he sees the picture. it was a picture of the three of them. when she was here. when he was sober. when he was okay.

he looks at the picture, eyes filled with tears as he tried to look through them. he blinked letting the tears fall down his cheeks, in order to see her face. she looked like him. that was something remus was happy of. that he looked more like her than he did him. her hair was as sandy as remus' was. she had beautiful blue eyes. she had such a kind heart. and that's why remus was proud to call her his mother.

———

peter, lily and james burst through the door.

"sirius?? sirius?!" james yells out as lily rushes up the stairs.

"rem??" she yells as she knocks on the door.

sirius opens the bedroom door, just as james gets up the stairs. marlene was no longer there and sirius looked distraught.

"what's wrong?" sirius asks as lily tries turning the door handle. she looks at sirius, her face dropping more.

peter soon joins them looking between sirius and the door.

"shit." he mutters to himself but loud enough that the others heard it.

lily looks at peter and a sudden scared look came to peter's face as he noticed what's happening.

"can someone please explain what's going on?" sirius says, rubbing his eyes.

james looks at sirius and then over to peter.

"pete." lily says as peter slowly looks up at her.

"where's rem-" she starts. sirius' face turns concerned as he looks between them all.

peter puts a palm to his head and looks around.

"lily-"

"pete this is important. where is remus and my car?" she blurts out.

"remus took your car??" sirius says and james scoffs.

"i wonder why he ran away huh" james says and sirius narrows his eyes.

"it wasn't like that!"

"well it fucking looked like it!" james says, him and sirius inches away from eachother, glaring.

lily groans and pulls james back.

"stop being ridiculous you two! we don't have time for this." she says voice annoyed, ending another call to remus that went straight to voicemail.

james turns to peter who looks away uneasy.

"peter do you know something we don't?"

peter nods. "i know where he's gone. i don't have much time to explain now..."

they all exchange glances, silence filling the room.

"okay pete. lead the way" lily says, breaking the silence.