chapter 23

"so you're telling me-" lily says in between laughter "james walked in on you and sirius trying to-"

before she could finish remus pushed a hand to cover her mouth. it had been a year since sirius and remus had said their first i love yous and since they had started dating.

"lily!" he says looking around the café.

"nobody heard me rem" she says, mumbling against his palm over laughter.

"they could've easily- ugh forget it" remus says taking his hand away from her mouth.

"i can't believe you guys didn't tell me! it's been a year-" lily says, still laughing.

remus begins laughing too, shaking his head at his cup of coffee.

"so has he asked you out yet?" lily asks, holding her coffee mug by the handle and blows over the hot liquid.

remus sighs glancing down at his coffee mug, stirring the freshly poured milk around the liquid.

"no. he hasn't yet- i don't even know if he's going to. i mean-" remus sighs again "i don't even know everything about him. maybe he isn't even cut out for a relationship?"

lily rolls her eyes, looking at him.

"we haven't even had sex- is that normal? i don't know if that's normal" remus says rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"rem that's normal. you'll both be ready when you're ready" lily says with a reassuring smile that immediately made remus smile slightly.

there was a small pause as lily put her free hand on remus'.

"rem. that man loves you. he's like a lost puppy without you" she grins and tilts his head up "cheer up. i'm sure he'll ask you soon"

remus rubs the back of his neck "yeah- maybe"

he nods, once again looking around the café.

"so what did you get him for his birthday?"

sirius' birthday. the day that both him and james had been excited about for the past few weeks now.

both james and sirius reassured lily and remus that the parties they threw were the best parties in the areas. mr and mrs potter had even planned to go away tomorrow morning in order to give james and sirius time to have their party and put the house back in one piece.

and truthfully? remus didn't even know what he was getting sirius yet.

"i'm working on it. i'm still not sure"

"well as long as you get it by tomorrow" lily looks down at her watch and then back up at remus "sorry rem i'm gonna be late for work if i stay any longer"

"no worries lils i'll see you later" he says pressing a kiss to her hand as she gets up to leave.

———

"what do you mean you haven't had sex??" james says, voice full of shock.

fleamont chokes on the sip of coffee he took, looking up at the two. sirius looked at fleamont, a pink blush on his cheeks before he looks back at james.

"i uhm- everytime we've tried we've been interrupted-" sirius says, clearing his throat at the end of his sentence.

james huffs and folds his arms.

"why didn't you say anything??! i would've gotten everyone out of the house for a while" james says.

sirius looks back at fleamont who's eyes were still wide.

"james- i don't want to hear about yours and sirius' sex lives okay? keep it down" he shakes his head as he looks at his news paper.

"s-sorry dad!" james says nervously before whispering to sirius "why don't we all go on a trip? you two can share a room"

james says winking at sirius, who began to blush harder.

"yeah- maybe that's a good idea. we can book something after the party tomorrow night, maybe we can check with lily and remus before we do?" sirius says as he stands up, picking up his phone. "speak of the devil, remus asked me to pick him up from the bookstore. he stopped by on the way back from meeting lily"

Sirius and james wave goodbye to one another before sirius leaves.

———

sirius parks the car on the side of the road, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel as he waits for remus outside of the book store.

remus quickly shoves his new book to cover the tissue paper, which was hiding sirius' birthday present under it into his back pack, before getting into the car.

he pecks sirius' lips and grins as sirius' face lights up.

"hi angel" sirius says as he places a kiss on remus' cheek.

"hi love, do anything nice today?" remus asks and raises an eyebrow as sirius begins to blush.

*no nothing rem- except planning on how i'm going to ask you if you want to have sex with me* sirius thinks to himself before snapping out of it.

"oh yeah- oh- no nothing really"

remus tilts his head to the side and sirius rubs the back of his neck.

there was a moment of silence before sirius kissed remus' hand.

"have you eaten yet angel?" he asks, starting the car.

remus turns and puts his seatbelt on, shaking his head.

"no- but i had coffee!" remus says with a grin that slowly drops as sirius looks at him and frowns.

"how about we try and get some food in you when we get home?" sirius says brushing his fingers through remus' hair.

remus leans against his fingers and nods, closing his eyes.

"okay" he whispers and smiles again when he feels a kiss being placed on his cheek.

"thank you, angel" sirius says with a grin as he begins driving in the direction of home.

"so about this party-" remus starts and smiles as he sees sirius' smile grow wider. "i found the perfect costume"

"oh really? can i see?" sirius says with a wide grin.

"nope! you have to wait until your birthday, birthday boy" remus says beginning to giggle as sirius huffs, frowning.

"no fair-" sirius says, whining under his breath.

"be patient love. it's only tomorrow" remus says, still giggling.

sirius huffs and then looks at remus as he parks the car.

"fine"