chapter 19

sirius let remus' shirt drop back to cover the gashes. a tear dropped from his eye seeing his moony in so much pain.

he moves his arms to wrap around remus' neck instead and pulls him close to his chest, avoiding his back completely. remus clutches to sirius' shirt, his eyes streaming with tears as he sobbed against his shirt.

"s-sirius-" remus mumbles as sirius plants a kiss on his head.

"i'm sorry moony i'm so sorry" sirius whispers back and then looks up as he hears the man laughing.

"how pathetic. such a cry baby" he says as he takes a sip from his beer can. "remus you didn't tell me you had a little boyfriend"

remus looks up from sirius' shirt and whimpers but before he could reply sirius speaks over. he stands up, pulling remus up gently to stand.

"what's it to you if he has a boyfriend? he had no reason to tell you. you're no father to him." sirius says, his voice angry.

his father's face drops and a smirk grows on his face.

"oh so you think you're all brave now?" he chuckles lowly "maybe i should teach him the same lesson i taught you huh remus?"

his voice grew angry as he reaches to grab sirius by the collar, and as if it had happened in slow motion, remus sees sirius move remus behind him. he watches, eyes wide as sirius' fist connects with remus' fathers' face.

remus' father falls down in agony.

"that's for hurting my moony." sirius growls and then throws another punch to remus' father's face.

"and that's just because i wanted to" he says as he shakes off his hand.

remus looks down at his father, eyes wide, unable to realise when james had rushed to his side and lily and peter had rushed past to collect remus' things. his father was unconscious on the floor, and sirius was stood right in front of them.

"rem you okay mate?" james asks, and remus looks up at him unable to get the words out. he swallows and nods slowly.

"i am n-now" he whispers and feels another kiss to his cheek from sirius.

"i'll leave you two be" james says as he rushes past to help the others.

the room was now silent. remus didn't even know what to say and sirius didn't even know where to begin but he roughly knew how to start.

he moves his hand and intertwines his fingers with remus'. remus goes to pull away but when he can't, turns to look at sirius.

sirius shakes his head as he sees remus' lips part to talk and he smiles "let me do the talking okay?" he tells remus and remus nods in reply.

sirius' eyes trace over the bruise on remus' eye and then he takes a deepbreath.

"i didn't sleep with marlene" he says to remus and remus' face relaxes slightly.

"she spiked my drink..." sirius whispers and sighs kissing remus' forehead yet again.

"rem... i really like you- well... more than like if i'm perfectly honest. i want nothing more than for you to be mine. you're the only one i want" sirius says, his voice whispering the whole time.

remus sniffles slightly and let's his head fall onto sirius' chest.

"i really more than like you too sirius" he replies which makes sirius' smile return to his face.

remus pauses and sighs "t-thank you"

"no need to thank me moony. come on. let's get you back to mrs potter. she can help heal you" sirius says with a reassuring smile and remus nods slowly, his lips soon curving into a smile.

———

so that's what they did. sirius helped remus into the car. lily and sirius sat either side of him, james was driving and peter was sat in the front next to him.

lily was playing with remus' hair, letting him lean against her, whilst sirius held onto remus' hand the entire journey. he even let him squeeze his hand super hard when the pain got worse.

sirius had taken the shirt off of remus to make sure that the shirt didn't get stuck to the wound. now that would be painful. but sirius also couldn't bring himself to look at the wounds on remus' back. it pained him to see them and everytime he glanced at them, it was almost like he felt something stabbing his heart.

it wasn't the longest part of the drive, but remus felt like it was forever seeing as the pain was so unbearable. but remus was grateful. he had such amazing friends there helping him and he couldn't be more thankful to have them.

AN// seeing as there will be a few more chapters after this one (that will supposedly be the final ones who knows yet) i will try and get the chapters published as often as i can! again thank you for reading and all your support :)